Eighteen

-April Grace-

(When she was with her mother)

Slight sexual content/attack

Why she doesn't like her mother:

I woke up and mama was pulling my hair. "For goodness' sake, April! Get the hell up!" She didn't smell very nice and her pretty makeup wasn't nice anymore. It was messy and smeared across her face. She must of slept like that again.

Mama was sleeping over at grandma's again. Me and grandma didn't like it when she slept over. She always talked funny after drinking lots of bottles of wee looking liquid and brought people over that grandma didn't like.

It was nice and quiet when it was just me and grandma. We played lots of games and grandma always read me bedtime stories. Mama didn't.

She liked to stay awake for ages with her 'friends' and make lots of noise in her bedroom. Grandma says they're just playing games but I feel like she's lying.

Grandma says that mama shows her body off too much and looks like a slut but I don't know what that means. She then apologised and told me not to think bad of mama, that mama loved me and just didn't always show it.

Mama never says nice things too me. She's always talking funny and holding a bottle in her hand.

Night time is the worst!

Mama makes too much noise and parties all night with her friends. She's not nice to grandma and calls her names when grandma threatens to call the police. She never does.

Mama is pretty but she always ruins her makeup by drinking and being rude. I don't know why mama is like that. She doesn't seem to like me I think.

She pours some liquid from her bottle on me. I shrieked. It was so cold!

"Ya grandma's gone to work, so you're stuck with me. I don't want you in my way so you're going to be a good little girl and go sit your arse on the couch!" I hated how she sounded. It was sickly sweet yet horrible at the same time.

I nodded, "yes mama," before going into the living room and sitting on the couch in my pink pyjamas.

The house was a mess. There were lots and lots of glass bottles around the house and red plastic cups. The radio was broken and one of the windows were smashed. There was a foul smell in the air and at the corner, there was a pile of vomit.

I didn't like sitting in here but I didn't want to anger mama. She gets really angry sometimes and smacks me hard with her sharp nails. Whenever there's a mark, she persuades daddy to keep me with her longer so the bruise will heal. She doesn't ever tell him what she does to me and yells at me not to tell anyone. I don't.

She stumbled into the room, switching on the television to put on some baby cartoons. I don't like baby stuff. I like Mickey Mouse and the Looney Tunes. Ooh, and Larva, but daddy doesn't let me watch it. I love Spongebob. .and Doc Mcstuffins! Ooh, and Oddbods!

Sorry . .babbling.

Baby cartoons are slow and don't make any sounds. Mama thinks I'm a baby and I'm not! I'm a big girl!

"Mama," I said quietly, as she leaned against the doorway, drinking. "I don't like this. Can I watch Oddbods?" She scoffed, giving me a mean look. "Can I watch Oddbods?" She mimicked, her voice high pitched and tiny. I didn't like it when she did that. It always hurts my feelings.

"No, you annoying brat! You get what you're given, now stay here. I'm going out!" With those words said, she stormed out the house, slamming the door behind her.