"I Didn't Think I'd Make It To Heaven"

-Mia-

The bell rang signalling that it was the end of the day. I sighed, feeling tired and grabbed my bag, swinging it over my shoulders.

"Finally Friday," I murmured to myself as my best friend, Evie came over already sucking on another lolly.

"Yes, Friday!" I groaned, knowing already what she was going to ask. "No, Eves. I'm exhausted and it's almost graduation so I really need to-"

"I know, I know but Mia, you're really clever. I mean, you passed high school, you'll pass uni." I rolled my eyes, "loads of people pass high school but not uni. It's harder. We should be studying, Evie." She rolled her eyes and Grace, my other friend came over.

"You're right. .but you've been working hard a lot lately so this is your chance to cut loose and have some fun." I sighed, glancing at my watch. "I don't know-"

"Well, either way, you're coming so I'll pick you up at eight?"

"Eight?"

"You heard correct," Grace chuckled as my boyfriend walked in. I smiled and he kissed my cheek, wrapping his arm around me. "Hey, James. You alright?" He nodded, glancing at Evie who looked away. "Yeah, I'm fine."

He then turned me so I was facing him and kissed me roughly. I placed my hand on his cheek, about to move away but he held me tighter, his arm pulling me close. I had no choice but to kiss him how he wanted.

Everything was about James.

We started dating a year before and he was nice at first until he got more and more controlling. It was hard being in a relationship with someone who always wanted to be the head. I couldn't eat, dress or talk how I wanted.

He pulled away, pecking my lips once more before turning so we were facing my friends with unimpressed looks.

I pulled a strand of hair behind my ear and noticed that Evie's eyes were teary. "Eves? You okay?" She snapped her head towards me, nodding. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just yawned." I nodded, smiling. "Okay, well pick me up at eight."

They walked away and my boyfriend looked at me. "Where are you going?" I swallowed, looking into his eyes. "I'm going to a party. I was invited. Are you going?" He looked at me before nodding, "I'm the host's friend." I nodded, licking my lips. "Okay, well I need to go. I'll call you later."

I went to move but he grabbed my arm tightly. I winced as he forced me to face him. "I make the rules. I'll call you." I nodded, blinking back the tears in my eyes as he let me go.

I sniffed, pecking his lips before walking away, trying not to cry.

I hated being with James. I tried to break up with him but that didn't end so well. He threw a plate at me and wouldn't stop yelling.

I hated being yelled at.

I got home. I lived by myself. My mother was a druggie. After her new boyfriend left her, she turned to alcohol and drugs as her new companions. She started prostitution too.

I dropped my bag and changed my shoes before leaving my apartment and going to my mother's house which was around half an hour away.

I sighed as I got to the front door, a little scared to go in. I didn't know how her mood would be.

As much as I didn't like her anymore, she was still my mother and deep down somewhere, she was still there. I had to look after her. Who else would?

I took out my key and wriggled it around the hole before pushing the door open, the smell of alcohol and drugs immediately hitting me.

It smelt of sweat and alcohol. I could barely breathe in there. I coughed, covering my nose before pushing the door closed and opening a few windows that I passed.