Forty Three

-Mia-

I sniffed, hot tears running down my cheeks. I was curled up in a ball, my hands under my head and my back aching badly. I bit my lip hard, the baby kicking my ribs harshly.

At least he's okay. .

I had been punched on the stomach for asking to see my own daughter. I had been slapped for talking when I shouldn't. I had been burned with a lighter on my arm for trying to escape. I didn't have the energy to move anymore.

The only people I could think of were the baby, April and Vincenzo. Was the baby okay after the punch? I hadn't been allowed to eat as much as a punishment and I had been stressed and crying a lot. It was good for the baby at all and it didn't help that I was punched on my stomach. I cried for days, hoping my baby wasn't dead or hurt and when a felt a kick, days later I was incredibly happy.

They wouldn't let me see April. They took us into different rooms. I was in a large room with a big bed and expensive furniture, however I wasn't allowed to sleep on the bed. I had to sleep on the hard marble floor with no blanket or pillow. I had to stay in the same corner of the room but surprisingly, they didn't hand cuff me to the wall. There were no windows and the door was always locked and guarded.

Nicolo would always say that he touched my little girl. I didn't believe him at first but the more he said it, the more I was panicked. What if he did touch April? My innocent little girl.

As for Vincenzo, I had no idea where he was and I was hoping that he was finding a way to help me. I had been there for a month and was eight months pregnant. I was scared that I was going to give birth early due to stress. I couldn't give birth during all of that, I just couldn't. There were too many risks.

I missed him a lot and had lots of nightmares. It was awful. I was losing my mind in there and I had never felt so depressed. I needed to get out - I needed to see April and be safe. I couldn't stay there anymore.

I didn't see my father - well, I think I didn't see my father. He hadn't been introduced to me. All I saw was Nicolo and his men.

I noticed something about Nicolo. He was perverted and dangerous but there was something about him that I couldn't decipher. He got angry quickly. Whenever I talked unnecessarily or called him names, he would snap and instantly hit me. I tried my hardest not to provoke him for the baby's sake. I'd do anything to protect my children.

The door opened and I wiped my tears, sniffing and placing my hand on my stomach. "Good morning, beautiful," Nicolo cheerfully said as I heard him sit on the bed, sighing peacefully.

"C-can I see my daughter?" I asked quietly as he chuckled, "she's not even your daughter. I gotta hand it to you, Mia, it takes a strong woman to take back a man who cheated on you and impregnated the same woman."

"Thanks," I bitterly said, sitting up a little, only to groan in back pain.
He took in a sharp intake of breath, "baby pain?" I rolled my eyes, my back on the wall.

"Please. ." I said in a shaky voice, "please let me see her."

He shook his head with grin and he adjusted his tie. "She's still recovering."

"Re-recovering?" I asked in a scared tone. He nodded with a sadistic look on his face. "Innocent child she is. .ah, a shame really."

"A shame? W-what are you talking about? What have you done to her?"

"What I've done? No, Mia, you should be asking what I let my men do."

"No. ." I whispered, my eyes widening. "Please tell me you're joking. Please don't hurt her," I begged, my voice cracking as I looked at him pleadingly.