ix. BEAUTIFUL EYES

CHAPTER NINEBEAUTIFUL EYES

CHAPTER NINE
BEAUTIFUL EYES

Apparently, the keys that Stiles and I got from Boyd did not start the Hogwarts Express.

After Allison broke the news on that giant let down, I was informed that it was keys to the ice rink. Now that I knew that, it kind of made sense. Boyd worked at the local skate rink and frankly, that was the only thing anybody knew about him. He was more of a recluse than Isaac was and that was saying a lot.

Anyways, Allison told me that our boyfriends had decided to take the stress off all of us for one night. And we were doing that by ice skating. I wasn't necessarily sure that was a good idea, considering I had been ice skating once when I was seven and it was a horrendous occurrence that shall never be spoken of as long I walk this earth. But that didn't really matter, considering Allison and I had bigger fish to fry.

Namely, Lydia.

Unfortunately, when two members of a girl trio go to one house, the third member is apparently welcome even when uninvited. When Lydia's familiar little car pulled in behind Allison's, we let out simultaneous groans. It wasn't that we were angry that she followed us back to Allison's. No, Lydia was out friend and friends hang out. It was just that the two of us were meant to be gearing up for a double date that Lydia wasn't invited to.

We would have gladly made it a triple date if Jackson hadn't been a ginormous jerk and dropped her faster than a used Kleenex. Or, you know, if anyone actually liked Jackson. But considering those two things were moot, we were technically at an impasse.

Allison and I were perched on the end of her bed, occasionally glancing at Lydia who was listening to her headphones and snapping cheesy selfies.

"What the hell do we do?" Allison muttered. "If we tell her to go home, she'll..." she trailed off for lack of an appropriate word.

"Go all Lydia on us?" I grinned.

She rolled her eyes at me but nodded anyways. "Yeah, that."

I shrugged. "We could always just take her."

"Do you remember the part where this is a date? As is a double date between me, Scott, you and your twitchy boyfriend?" Allison pointed out.

"He's not that twitchy!" I defended. Her brown eyes widened and she raised one perfectly arched eyebrow. "Okay, so maybe he's a little twitchy. But either way, Lydia's going to get upset if we ditch her. And besides, after the whole Peter thing, I think she could use some time out with friends."

"I know, I know," she muttered. "But I just wanted some alone time with Scott."

"Okay, A, I know all about your little nighttime rendezvous' with Mr. McCall so don't try to make it look like you're never alone. And B, Stiles and I are going to be there so it's not really alone time."