xxv. THE HOSTAGE SITUATION

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVETHE HOSTAGE SITUATION

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
THE HOSTAGE SITUATION

  There was lot of anxiety that came with having a gun pointed at your back.

  I was being forced back down the hallway, Matt only a few inches behind me. He was apparently going to be taking the four of us hostage and didn't mind having Jackson kill a few people so he could do so. I could feel my heart rate accelerating every time the tip of the gun pressed into my spine, knowing that any second he could pull the trigger and I'd be done for. I wanted to scream, run, and do anything to get away from this situation. But that wasn't an option.

  The only option I was presented with was shutting up and doing what he asked.

  We made it to the office and Matt pushed me through the doorway. I stumbled slightly on my way through, attracting the attention of Stiles and Scott. They both looked confused, until Matt followed after me, the gun dangling between his fingers. One more push of the gun to my back and I was making a beeline for Stiles. He reached out, pulling me between him and Scott. They both looked glanced at me with concerned eyes as Papa Stilinski slowly raised up from his seat.

  "Matt? Its Matt right?" he questioned. Matt cocked his head as he nodded. "Matt, whatever's going on, I can guarantee there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun."

  "You know, it's funny you say that because I don't think you're aware of how right you are," Matt said, a tone of condescension in his voice.

  "I know you don't want to hurt people."

  "Actually, I want to hurt a lot of people," Matt responded. "You four weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded. And one way is to try dialing someone on your cellphone like McCall is doing."

  I heard the subtle sound of fabric rustling and I groaned. Stiles and I glanced back at Scott, seeing the look of pure panic in his eyes. To be honest, I didn't know who he was trying to call for help. We were already in the police station and we were being held hostage.

  "Yeah, that could definitely get someone hurt. Everyone," he said, gesturing to all of us with the gun. Seriously, where did he even get that? Anger flashed in his eyes as he screamed, "Now!"

  "Come on," Papa Stilinski said gently, looking at the three of us.

  There was a mutual look of discontent among all of us as we fished our phones from our pockets. We set them down on the desk before looking back up at our captor.

  Matt grinned sadistically at us. It was like this was some kind of fun house for him. A fun house where it was torturous for us and he was the one calling the shots. I bit my lip, clutching tightly onto Stiles' arm as Matt smirked directly at me, knowing that I knew this was going to be a bad scenario.