xvi. A NIGHT IN THE JUNGLE

CHAPTER SIXTEENA NIGHT IN THE JUNGLE

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
A NIGHT IN THE JUNGLE

  The fact that almost everyone was able to get away within minutes kind of astounded me.

  Derek had run off down the street in full blown high speed werewolf chase mode. I assumed he was going after the kanima, I mean Jackson. Boyd had been left to string his fellow betas over his shoulder and get them back to whatever creepy lair they resided at. I was curious about where there hideout was because werewolves can't just openly spar anywhere.

  Lydia, still in a confused state and practically on the verge of hysterics was ushered off by Allison. Allison had had a look of dread upon her face, probably worrying about the questions Lydia was going to ask. She was being kept out of the loop on the sole reason that we didn't need her becoming distant or anything. She had been bit by Peter and we didn't need any fugue state relapses. Or at least I think that's what everyone was trying to convince me.

  Personally, I was all for telling Lydia. In my mind she had every right to know. She was just as tangled in this web as we were. Being bit by Peter, whether she'd turned or not, it had implanted her in that part of our lives. And it wasn't going to be long before Lydia started putting the pieces together. She was smarter than she acted. That girl had a 5.0 GPA because all her AP classes pushed it that far. There was no way she wouldn't figure out.

  Lastly, Scott had just run off. I'm pretty sure he was headed in the same direction as Derek. Because Scott has that whole hero complex, do good and all. And if Derek was off to kill Jackson, Scott would be there to stop him. All Scott told Stiles and I was to keep our phones on if he needed us. Meaning that we were basically stopped on the side of the road doing nothing till he called.

  "Well this is boring," I groaned, leaning my head back on the seat. There was absolutely nothing to do when you were parked on the side of the road.

  Unless you wanted to pull a Noah and Ally and lay in the street. But Stiles and I didn't have great luck so we'd probably get run over a billion times by an eighteen wheeler.

  Stiles shrugged. "At least we didn't have to run after Derek and deal with that Godzilla looking freak."

  "Perks of being Robin and Catwoman, I guess."

  He turned in his seat to glare at me. "I thought we agreed that I wasn't Robin."

  "I remember no such thing," I laughed.

  "You're mean," he muttered, his face illuminating for a second as a car passed by.

  I shook my head. "You love me."

  I grabbed his arm and pulled it towards me, and wrapped it around my shoulder. I leant close to his chest, subtly inhaling the scent of his sweatshirt. He smelled nice, unlike most guys. No Axe, no Old Spice or whatever other crap guys practically bathed in. Like seriously guys; it doesn't smell good. Axe was like female repellent. Stiles on the other hand smelled like none of the above. It was like his own personal scent. Light and homey. I was probably going to steal one of his sweatshirts if they all smelt like that.