xii. CARSON THE CHEERLEADER

CHAPTER TWELVECARSON THE CHEERLEADER

CHAPTER TWELVE
CARSON THE CHEERLEADER

  When I started dating Stiles, hell when I became friends with the kid, I knew he was a little off. Or a lot, depending on how you looked at it. But what I was witnessing right now? This was too funny.

  I had been walking down the halls, trying to find Scott and Stiles. I had about five different girls come up to me, all asking for updates on Lydia. They all wanted to know how their 'bestie for life' was doing. I didn't have the heart to tell them that Lydia basically hated every single one of them and just kept walking. I ended up finding my boys, sat on a staircase in the middle of the building. They were conversing in low tones so I assumed it was werewolf business. As it turned out, it was Allison business instead.

  "I'm really sorry for yesterday," Stiles began. He looked around awkwardly, not noticing I had walked up. "I'm trying. We'll get through this, I know because I love you."

  I stifled a giggle, Scott was lit up like a freaking Christmas tree and my boyfriend looked like he was about to have an aneurysm. Or die from embarrassment, either one would suffice. Since Allison's grandfather had taken over as principal, the couple barely had time to even glance at each other. Every one of their movements was tracked. So Scott and Allison tried getting their lovey dovey messages through me and Stiles. Apparently, we were the only ones they could trust.

 "I love you more than—oh my God! I can't—you and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate."

  "Come on!" Scott exclaimed. "You and Carson are the only ones we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?"

  "Yup," I said, plopping down next to Stiles. I pressed a kiss to his cheek before looking back at Scott. "She asked me to tell you. She figured Stiles would freak out and stop after having to say he loves you in public like that," I grinned.

  Stiles rolled his eyes. "At least she's learning. Now tell us about your boss."

  "Deaton?" I asked. "What happened with him?"

  Scott looked around before turning back to us. "He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of record, like of all the different types of things that they've hunted."

  "A record of things they've hunted? How many different things are there?" I cried. A few people looked over in confusion. I looked away awkwardly, running a hand through my hair. They shushed me. "Sorry. How many?"

  "A lot apparently," Scott muttered. "Deaton said it would be like a book or something."

  Stiles paused for a second, before clapping his hands together. "He probably means a bestiary."