Chapter 5

Lance was limping around the upper parts of the castle. His stomach really hurt and his omega was screaming at him to stop, that it was futile to continue searching for a place to nest when there was no way he'd find one. Lance ignored it. 

He searched through all the rooms. He couldn't find anything that was comforting enough for him to nest in. He wanted to be near his pack mates. He wanted their scents all around him. But he was left with stale air instead. 

He looked through a utility closet that looked promising. It was about the right size. He could easily fit his nest in there. But...

Lance snorted and closed the door. He wouldn't nest there. 

The pain was starting to get worse. At first it had been an incessant throb in the pit of his stomach but now it was a sharp stab. It was getting worse. If Lance didn't hurry he might get seriously hurt. But he just couldn't find anywhere that he could nest at! 

Not safe to nest! his omega screeched. Lance ignored it. But soon his instincts were wild and he couldn't ignore it anymore. The paranoia was choking him. He wasn't safe to go into heat. Anyone could come in and take advantage of him. It just wasn't safe. 

Please, Lance tried pleading with his omega.  Just let me nest. I can be safe. No one will come up here. How about in here? 

NO. No nest. His omega responded. 

Lance let out a cry of frustration. Why was this so difficult? Finally, after what seemed like hours, he came across the perfect place. It was a second training room. It seemed as though Keith and Shiro had found it some time ago, but their scents were so faint that it wasn't overpowering or threatening. It was almost...comforting. 

Lance set out his materials and began to work. His omega sighed in relief at his choice. The pain in his stomach loosened. It didn't go away but it  wasn't nearly as bad as before. His omega was finally allowing him to nest. 

Ahhh! I'm so sorry it's so short! Don't worry I will be updating soon! Thanks so much for the love and support. Please comment, they always make my day. Thank you!