Chapter 12

Lance could feel the heat beginning to pool in his stomach. His heat was coming back. Shiro scented the air and gave a knowing look towards Lance. Lance looked down, ashamed of the natural process his body was going through. 

"I suggest we all move to the living room," Shiro said, interrupting the fun game of truth or dare. "I can smell Lance's heat starting and I think he might want to make a nest before it does, isn't that right Lance?" 

Lance flushed but nodded, the thought of a comforting nest to good to pass up. Shiro smiled warmly and stood up off the ground and motioned for everyone to follow him to the room. Lance moved to get off of Keith but a pair of arms restricted his escape. Keith pulled Lance back into his chest and nuzzled his cheek.

"Keith wha--"

"Shh," Keith said, shushing the omega with a chaste kiss to his lips. "If we're going anywhere, I'm carrying you. I don't want my omega to overexert himself."

Lance preened at the notion of being Keith's. Although part of him wanted to reject it because Lance wasn't an object, but at the same time Keith was his just as much as he was Keith's. Lance relented at Keith's demand and snuggled closer against Keith's chest. Keith smiled at Lance's submission. 

"Okay," Lance sighed, inhaling Keith's scent deeply. "Take me, Alpha."

Keith's eyes darkened with lust as the sentence Lance said had double meaning. It took all of Keith's self control not to jump Lance. And Lance wasn't making it easy, being attractive and all. He had such sexy legs, all long and lanky like. And don't get Keith started on Lance's eyes. Keith slightly growled and pressed a desperate kiss to Lance's neck. 

"Careful with your words, love," Keith breathed. Keith took deep satisfaction in the hitch in Lance's breath. "Or I might just lose control." 

"Keep it in your pants!" Pidge called. Keith growled but allowed the comment. Lance flushed when he realized that the entire interaction with Keith had occurred in front of his entire pack. Shiro stared at them with a bemused expression, he was holding blankets and shirts and clothes from the pack. 

Lance smiled at the care his pack alpha had put into the supplies. Lance looked up at Keith, silently asking to be set down. Keith huffed but after kissing his forehead, set him down on the floor gently. "Don't push yourself too hard," Keith said. 

Lance nodded wordlessly and walked over to Shiro and took the blankets from him. Lance tested the materials, making sure that he could use them for his nest. Shiro shifted nervously from foot to foot, unsure if he had done a good job. After what seemed like forever, Lance looked at Shiro, smiled and padded forward and patted his arm lightly. "These are perfect," Lance whispered. "Thank you." 

Shiro preened, a deeply primal satisfaction flowing through his veins, knowing that he had satisfied the pack omega. "Of course." Shiro nodded. 

Shiro stepped back to join the rest of the pack who were standing against the wall. Lance got to work slowly. He moved all the couch cushions to form a large base, a light dip in the center that he would fill in later with blankets. 

The pack watched with awe as Lance made the pack nest. Keith and Shiro had never seen a nest before, let alone one being made, and were both quite fascinated with the whole process. Pidge was slightly tearing up, her father and brother were both omegas, and she had watched them build their nests. This brought back so many memories. Hunk watched with pride. Finally, his BFF had done it. Lance had finally told everyone what he was, and he was clearly flourishing from the freedom of it all.

Lance was almost done with his nest, but it was missing something.....

Lance whipped around so fast he startled his pack who were sitting in subdued silence. Keith jumped up and raced over to Lance to make sure nothing was wrong. "Lance?!" Keith called. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?!"

"Your jacket," Lance said. Keith stared at him.

"What?"

"I want your jacket," Lance explained. "Can I wear your jacket?"

Keith blushed at the thought of Lance wearing his jacket. It was....arousing. Keith automatically slipped out of his red jacket and handed it to Lance. Lance cooed and put it on, putting the collar to his nose and inhaling deeply. 

Lance moved and laid down in the center of the now completed nest. He let out a sigh. "Now it's perfect," Lance whispered.He waved the rest of the pack over. "Come, join me."

The pack slowly stepped forward and got into the newly made pack nest. Pidge giggled at the bounciness while Hunk relaxed into the blankets. Shiro let out a surprised sigh. "Lance...this is so comfortable," he said. 

"Thank you," Lance said, his chest puffing up in pride. The nest was large enough for everyone to fit inside comfortably. Hunk was laying on the outer edge, Pidge's head in his lap and her legs tangled with Shiro's. Keith was now spooning Lance. Keith nuzzled Lance's scent glands, eliciting a chirp from said omega. 

"Okay, nest it comfy and complete," Pidge said, clapping her hands together. "Let's finish playing truth or dare!"

"Yes!" Lance cheered. "Who's turn was it?"

"Mine!" Pidge squealed. "Lance, truth or dare?"

"Hmmm," Lance tapped his chin. "Truth." he said finally. 

"Tell me about your pack back on Earth," Pidge said. Lance froze.

What was he supposed to say about them? They were amazing. They were family. His mother was the alpha and his father had died a long time ago. He had four sisters and two brothers. Everything was perfect. His entire family was made up of alphas do naturally it was expected that Lance would be an alpha too. But when he presented as an omega he was rejected from the pack.

That was biggest heartbreak of his life.

He still has the same fear with pack.

What if they decide he's too clingy? Ir annoying? Or what if Lance upsets them or does something that hurts them? Lance's scent turned bitter with distress and Keith looked at Lance in shock.

"Lance? What's wrong?" Keith asked. 

"Sorry, it's just hard to think about sometimes.." Lance said with a dark laugh.

"What? Your old pack? I get it you're homesick--"

"No, I'm not actually," Lance said, shock stopping anyone from speaking. "I don't have a home to miss. I was rejected from my old pack."

Pin. Drop. Silence.

"You were what?!" 

Sorry for the late update guys, it's the last week of school so projects and shit is really bad. Love you all. Comment, vote, follow please!