Chapter 16

Lance was hyperventilating. Holy shit, he was pregnant! How did this even happen? Lance thought he was careful? They didn't have sex during his heat so how could he possibly be pregnant? Then Lance remembered the "fun time" he and Keith had two weeks ago. 

And Keith didn't use a condom.

And now Lance was pregnant. 

Lance was freaking out because he had no clue what to do. On the one hand he was ecstatic, he was pregnant! With Keith's pup! He had always wanted a family. Now he was going to be having one. 

On the other hand he was terrified because, hello! They're fighting in the middle of war, and Lance and Keith are right on the front lines. That's no way to raise a pup. Not to mention, Keith and Lance had only been mates for two weeks, Lance didn't even know if Keith wanted pups. That conversation hadn't been brought up yet. 

Of course there was no way Lance was going to get rid of it! Lance had only known about the baby for one minute, 32 seconds, and point four milliseconds but Lance already loved it. 

Lance was just sitting on the toilet seat staring at the test. 

What was he going to do? 

Lance wanted this baby! He didn't realize how much he wanted a pup until he had one growing inside of him. But now, the very thought of not having this pup made Lance start to tear up. Lance slowly stood up, his legs wobbling. Lance used the edge of the counter to stable himself as he formulated a plan.

Lance was keeping this pup. That was a definite. How he was going to tell Keith was still to be determined. But lance was keeping the pup, so he needed to talk to Coran. He could tell Coran right? He'd need a doctor to check up on the pup and give Lance premarital  vitamins. He needed a confidant and Coran was the best person to talk to. 

Lance stood up, determination lining his face. He shoved the test into his pocket and left the bathroom, confident that everything was going to go his way for once.

Lance walked quickly to the medbay where he knew Coran would be. He knew that Keith and the rest of his pack would still be training so now was probably the best time to talk to Coran. As he thought, Coran was having an argument with the mice. 

"No! You can't put a Gorbz-zz on the wizzhiltmer! That cause a giant explosion in ticks!" Coran said, waving his arms around dramatically.

"Uh...Coran? Can I talk to you? It's majorly important." Lance said. Coran smiled when he saw the Cuban.

"Ah Lance, of course you can," Coran said. He turned around and gave Lance his full attention. "What can I do for you?" 

".....I'm pregnant." Lance said, deciding that the best way to say was to just be blunt. Coran stared at Lance for a long time, his gaze beginning to make Lance uncomfortable. "And I'm keeping it...I just don't know what to do. I'm so..s-scared...I love it s-so m-much and I only just found out and I don't know hot to t-tell Keith or..." Lance stopped when the sobs made it so he couldn't speak. 

Coran sprang into action when he saw Lance crying. He jumped up and pulled Lance into a hug, trying his best to console the crying omega. Lance wept into Coran's arms. Coran lightly shushed him and whispered calming words into his ear before Lance could speak with crying. 

"Oh Lance..." Coran said. "It'll be okay. It will be okay. Don't be afraid. We're all here for you....don't worry. We will support you. It's okay. When did you find out?"

"Five minutes ago," Lance said. "I was training and I felt weird and then I was kicked in the stomach and it felt wrong so I had to check. Oh my gosh Coran! I got kicked in the stomach! The pup!"

"It's okay, hop in the pod and we'll see if anything's wrong with your pup." Coran promised. Lance nodded and moved to the pod and stepped in it. The glass came up and Lance remained conscious ...weird. After a few ticks the glass left and Lance stumbled out. He looked at Coran hopefully. "Don't worry Lance, the pup is fine and healthy. The kick didn't do any damage to your pup."

Lance cried tears of relief. His pup was okay! Lance put his hands on his stomach where his pup and rubbed it, deep in thought. He was pregnant. Gosh, Lance still had to tel himself that to convince him this was real. It felt too surreal to Lance. 

"Are you going to tell Keith?" Coran asked.

"I'm going to have to...won't I?" Lance laughed, then he sobered. "I need to figure out how to tell him. And the rest of the pack."

Coran nodded empathetically. "Don't worry number two, I'll keep my mouth shut."

"Thank you," Lance said, grateful that he had such an amazing friend. "I'm going to need to know what I can take for the pup. And ultrasounds and checkups. I want my pup to be perfectly healthy." 

"Don't worry Lance," Coran said. "I will get everything ready for you. In the meantime, you need to stay away from training. I don't want you to overexert yourself. Especially with a pup. And we're going to have to talk to Allura about flying the blue lion from now on."

Lance bit his lip but nodded. He didn't want to give up Blue, but his pup came first. "Yeah I guess you're right. I'm going to get pretty big, huh?"

Coran chuckled. "Yes I supposed you are. You know back on Altea--"

"LANCE?!" Lance spun around to see Keith running at him in crazed concern. "Baby? Why are you in the medbay? Did something happen? Are you okay?" 

Lance looked at Coran who nodded. Lance took a deep breath in. "I...I need to tell you something."

Keith looked at Lance in confusion. "Um...sure. What's up?"

Lance sucked in a deep breath and mentally prepared himself. What if Keith didn't want a pup? Would he reject the pup? Would he reject Lance? Lance steeled himself and forced him to stop thinking about it. Keith deserved to know. Lance looked at Keith in the eyes.

"Keith...I'm pregnant."