Chapter 6

Lance relaxed in his nest. He was warm and comfortable. Hunk had sent up Lace's provisions for the week in the elevator already and Lance was casually sipping on a water pouch. The pain in his stomach was gone, only a dull ache to signify it was ever there at all. Lance's nest was perfect. 

He had begun to feel hot a little while earlier and knew he was approaching the beginning of his heat. This was going to be one hell of a ride. 

Lance couldn't even remember his last heat so he really didn't know what to expect. And Hunk was right about what one thing, because of the suppressants Lance was taking, his heat was bound to be tend times worse than his usual one. Lance only wished Keith would spend it with him... 

No!

Lance shook his head to clear the thought, his water pouch spilling onto his shirt as he did so. Lance couldn't think about such things. It was not fair. Lance knew deep down the alpha would never like him that way. He needed to get over the dumb crush he had, lest he feel more heartbreak. His omega whined at the idea of losing his chosen Alpha forever but Lance ignored it. Keith wasn't his. He had no right to flaunt over him the way he did. 

Lance bit his lip as a wave of heat crashed over him. His heat was starting. He tried to suppress a whimper but it tore through his clenched jaw anyway. He covered his mouth with his hands to silence the needy noises escaping him. He needed to calm down. 

The heat soon turned to pain as he had no release spot for the sudden tension. Lance writhed in his nest for a few seconds before the pain left as suddenly as it had appeared. Lance panted as he lay there. After a second or two, logic returned to his brain and he scrambled for water, or anything to re hydrate himself. 

Lance gulped the water viciously, the water pouch drained instantly. Lance then laid back down and prepared himself for the onslaught of agony sure to come. Lance took a hesitant breath and his sweet scent filled his nose. Lance could smell his heat. His scent smelled ten times sweeter than usual. 

Lance groaned and stuffed his face into his hands. Why did he have to be a stupid omega? Now he was stuck here, quarantined until his damn heat left. This was going to be long and painful. And what about Voltron? How the hell was he supposed to help if he was nest ridden for the next six days? Ugh. This was just a mess. 

Lance closed his eyes and hoped to catch some sleep before the next round of pain hit him. Instead he was greeted with loud alarms blaring throughout the castle.

The galra.

-----------

"Princess! What's happening?!" Keith screamed as he raced into the control room. The castle was in chaos. One minute he was training aggressively with Shiro, the next the alarms go off and Keith doesn't know what to do.

"The galra have somehow found us," Allura screamed as she tried to find a place to wormhole the castle to. "The castle's defenses won't last long. You need to form Voltron!" 

"We can't!"Pidge yelled. "Lance.."

"I know!" Allura yelled. "Someone needs to pilot the blue lion!" 

"My time has come...again." Coran said proudly, going to fetch his makeshift paladin armor. Allura raised her eyebrow at Coran before shaking her head. Coran had raced to the blue lion but it refused to let down the barriers. Coran let out a sad sigh. "Not again.."

"Allura you're going to have to pilot it," Shiro said. Allura looked at Shiro in surprise. "I'm sure you can do it. Coran can stay here and man the castle and make sure Lance is safe."

"Ay Ay Number one!" Coran said, tossing his suit into a heap in the corner. He raced back into the control room. 

Allura stepped forward and knocked lightly on the blue lion's particle barrier. The blue lion let down her shields. Allura smiled gratefully and stepped into the lion's awaiting mouth. Shiro smiled and turned back to his team. "Alright team, form Voltron!"

"Yeah!" everyone shouted. 

The battle surged on. Voltron made it's appearance and the galra took heavy hits to it's weapon systems. After a while Voltron split apart and the lions made individual attacks. They could do this. Keith used his fire blast to melt through the galra's ship, causing heavy damage and forcing them to retreat. 

"Go team!" Shiro had said proudly. "Alright, return to the castle everybody. We've earned it." A series of yeahs were sounded as the lions returned to the hangar. Allura walked out of the lion, surprise written on her face. She had done it! She had lived up to her fathers legacy and had flown a lion into battle. 

"Good job, Allura," Pidge said, giving Allura a high-five. "You did great out there!"

"Thank you, Pidge," Allura smiled. "That was quite exhilarating." 

They walked into the control room and gasped. Coran was tied up and sitting in the corner with a gag in his mouth. Shiro ran to him and untied him. "Intruder in the castle!" Coran yelled. The scent of fear and anger wafted into the room. 

"Coran, what happened?" Shiro alpha commanded, his voice dark and deep. 

"A galra spy somehow managed to sneak into the castle." Coran said. "He hit me upside the head and tied me up."

"Where did he go?" Keith asked angrily. Whoever did this was going to pay.

"He ran off towards the ninth floor." Coran said. The team gasped. 

"Lance!" Hunk cried. Lance was in heat and was very vulnerable, a galran spy was headed towards him and the team didn't even know where Lance was. This was very bad. Shiro and Keith were now growling, the scent of pure, unadulterated rage was so strong Hunk could taste it. 

Just then a shrill whine of terror was heard. Lance was in danger. 

Shiro and Keith's eyes darkened as they dropped their fangs and let out a roar of rage. No one touched their pack omega. Not unless they wanted to die. 

The alphas of Voltron had gone feral.