Chapter 21

"You...you want me to give you information and you'll save my pup??" Lance asks, his head spinning. What was he supposed to do? How could he make such a decision? Haggar smirked.

"Indeed," she says, twisting the dagger that is still in Lance's stomach. Lance screamed louder, the physical pain is nothing compared to the physiological pain. "And you might want to hurry up and decide."

"I....I...AUUUUGHHH!" Lance screamed as Haggar twisted the dagger once more. "PLEASE!! Stop I....I'll tell you...............nothing... I'm so sorry." Lance sobbed as he felt himself breaking. He's going to lose his pup for the universe so why does it feel like he's the biggest monster in the universe? 

Haggar snarls. "I thought you human beings were compassionate." she says. "I guess I was wrong." she then takes the dagger and drags it upward. Lance lets out a blood curdling shriek.

The last thing Lance sees before he embraces the darkness is a flash of red.

==============

Keith tore through the halls, the galras colors of purple and black blurring into nameless colors. Where was his mate? Keith took out sentries that stood in his way with his bare claws. Keith could feel himself shifting, letting his galra side take control.

His pregnant mate let out an omega cry. Lance was in danger and his alpha didn't stand for it. 

Another scream from lance set Keith into a full feral state. He felt his claws and canines elongate and his ears were getting longer and furrier. Keith took a deep breath and allowed the scent of his distressed mate to lead him to a room.

The scene that greeted him was gruesome and turned Keith from rageful to homicidal. 

Haggar loomed over his bloodied and unconscious mate holding a dagger and smirk. Keith growled loudly and raced towards Haggar, his claws forward. Haggar turned at the wrong moment, her face only showing surprise before Keith tore it off. 

Keith clawed her and stabbed her, Haggar's screams filling the halls. Keith, not wanting to draw this out any longer for fear of his mate's health, merely bit deeply into Haggar's neck, snapping it in half.

And like that, Haggar was no more.

Keith stood up off of the dead corpse and raced over to Lance. He whined when he saw his beautiful mate so pale and sickly. Keith lifted him gently, letting out comforting rumbles when Lance whined painfully. 

Keith then booked it, running back to the red lion as fast as he could. Keith turned on the comms as soon as he was in the red lion and Lance was safely secured. "GUYS!" Keith screamed. 

"Keith? Are you okay? Where's Lance?" Shiro asked.

"We need to get back to the castle now! Lance is dying!" Keith screamed. He ignored the gasps and cries of surprise from his pack members. All that mattered now was that Lance was okay. Keith flew the lion as fast as he could, thankful that red was the fastest lion. 

When Keith landed he picked up Lance and raced to the med bay where Coran was waiting with a fully prepped pod. Keith had to force himself to let go Lance, reminding himself that Lance would be safer in the pod. As soon as the pod closed Keith let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding. 

Then the rest of the pack members entered the room. Keith growled at any one of them who tried to get closer to Lance. They needed to stay away from his omega.

"Keith," Hunk said, raising his hand defensibly. "You're shifted."

"Stay away from my omega Hunk," was all Keith said, adding an extra growl for good measure.

"Hunk, he's feral," Pidge said. "We need to be careful with him right now." 

"I understand, but Lance is my best friend." Hunk argued. "I just want to make sure he's okay."

"My omega," Keith snarled. "I need to keep him safe. Need to keep him safe."

"Keith, we aren't a threat to Lance," Shiro says, stepping forward only to stop when Keith growls. "Keith. What happened?"

"I heard him cry out. It was an omega cry, Shiro." Keith said, his ears flattening against his head. The pack sucked in a deep breath. An omega cry was a cry of pure, unadulterated terror that omegas let out when they were terrified. It wasn't a common cry and when members of said omega's pack hears that cry they can all go feral. 

"Oh Keith..." 

"When I got there...there was so much blood," Keith said, tears escaping his eyes. He turned to look at Lance. Even in the pod he looked terrified. "Haggar had cut him open. I killed her--" 

"You killed Haggar?!" Allura cried. "Haggar's dead?!" 

"She hurt his mate," Shiro explained. "Anyone who hurts an alpha's mate is dead."

"I tore out her throat and then raced Lance back to the castle. I just want him to be safe. Him and....the...pup...CORAN!" Keith screamed, equal looks of horror on the faces of the pack members. 

"Yes Keith?" Coran asked, looking up from the monitor. 

"OUR PUP!" Keith screamed. Coran's eyes widened as he returned to the monitor and the pack waited with baited breath for an answer. Coran gasped. 

"This is---oh my quiznak..." Coran said. He looked up at Keith, his eyes misting. "Oh Keith...I'm so sorry."

Keith sobbed, falling to the floor. "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" he wept. "I'm sorry Lance...I couldn't protect our pup....it's all my fault!"

Keith was devastated. The pup that Lance and him were to raise together...gone. Keith didn't even know the gender! 

"Keith! Your pup is still alive!" Coran said, waving his arms around wildly. Keith looked up at Coran, staring at him with a hopeful expression. "The monitor is picking up on your pups lifeform. There are complications, however." 

"W-what kind of complications?" Keith asked, wiping his eyes.

"Because of the way that Haggar stabbed Lance," Coran said slowly, Keith growled at the name.  "There is a possibility your pup will never be able to walk."