Chapter 18

"Keith, honey, light of my light, I literally asked for a tissue! It can wait until you're done with your shower!" Lance cried as he watched with disbelief as his lover climbed out of the tub, raced across the room, plucked a tissue out of the box, and returned it to Lance. 

"I didn't want you to get up," Keith pouted.

"Keithy I'm not even a month pregnant!" Lance exclaimed. "I'm not gonna hurt the pup if I walk!" 

"I'm sorry!" Keith said, crossing his arms over his--bare--chest. "I don't really know what'll hurt the pup or not. I've never had a pregnant mate before."

"And I have?"

"You have?" Keith stared at Lance in honest surprise. Then the stench of jealousy wafted through the room. Lance burst out laughing, not knowing whether to be concerned or amused. He was feeling a mixture of both.

"Babe I was joking." Lance said with a laugh. Keith stopped his glare and looked sheepish.

"Oh," Keith said, rubbing his neck and looking anywhere but Lance's eyes. "But if anyone were to have done that I would've kicked their asses!"

"It's hard to take you seriously when you're making a puddle on the floor," Lance commented. Keith turned red and turned around, pressing a chaste kiss to Lance's forehead before he reentered the shower.

Lance shook his head with a bemused expression at his alpha. This was going to be an interesting nine months.

================

Lance stared at his team awkwardly, watching with concern. How was he supposed to tell them? Usually you'd tell your friends if you were pregnant first, but Lance couldn't help but worry. What if they thought he was weird? Or they thought he'd look hideous with a pup inside him?

Hunk turned and saw Lance, waving and smiling. "Lance! Hey bud, haven't seen you in a while Where have you been?" he asked. Lance took a deep breath and walked into Pidge's room.

"I...I have to tell you guys something." Lance said. Pidge and Hunk must have smelled his nervousness because Pidge immediately stopped her tinkering and she and Hunk gave Lance their full attention. 

"What's up buddy?" Hunk asked cautiously.

"Hunk...I'm pregnant," Lance said. Hunk's jaw dropped. Pidge merely pushed her glasses further up the bridge of her nose and held out her hand to Hunk.

"Pay up," she said. Hunk grumbled before reluctantly handing her what looked like fifty gac. Lance stared at them, incredulous.

"Dangit Lance, couldn't you have waited to tell us another week?" Hunk griped. Lance sputtered indignantly. (What? Lipstick in my White Valentino Bag coewhfb;wefho?!?!?...I'm so sorry

"You guys were betting on when I'd tell you I was pregnant?" Lance asked. "Wait wait, hold up...you knew?!"

"Really Lance," Pidge laughed. "What do you think we are, idiots? You're puking every morning, crying over beverages, and Keith has been baby proofing the castle for the past week." 

"Lance it was really obvious." Hunk said a little gentler. "Not to mention, Keith asked me what I thought about kids. I think he wants to make you happy."

"What do you mean?"

"He's going to make me the godfather." Hunk said proudly.

Lance smiled broadly. Keith was an incredible mate. He was really trying to make this work. Godparents was a topic that's been brought up multiple times between Keith and Lance. Lance argued very strongly that he wanted Hunk to be the godfather whiled Keith favored Shiro. Lance was willing to compromise and make both of them godfathers but apparently that wasn't necessary. 

"Aww damn! I wanted to be godfather," Pidge mumbled. Lance laughed. "It's all good Pidgey, you can be my doctor instead."

"What about Coran?"

"I just need to make sure that the shit he gives me is pup safe. I don't want anything to happen to it." Lance said wistfully, rubbing his stomach happily. "I love it."

Hunk cooed while Pidge made a mix of a disgusted and adored noise. "So you're asking me to test everything before hand?" Pidge asked, a smile lighting up her face. "Normally I'd say no, but I'm really excited about you having a pup..."

"You and me both sister," Lance said with a laugh. "You and me both." 

=================

Lance shoveled the space bacon into his mouth at an alarming rate. The pack stared at him, disgusted with the amount of food he just ingested. His stomach was like a black hole! Lance groaned, satisfied after his fourth helping. 

"Damn Lance," Pidge said, her face scrunched up in disgust. "Have a little air with your breakfast."

"Shut up Pidge, I'm pregnant. I have a good excuse." Lance said, shooting a glare at the beta. Pidge huffed and turned to continue talking with Hunk.

Lance looked down at his stomach, deep in thought. He was pregnant which meant he was going to get big. He was going to look fat for a while until he began to show enough that he was in fact pregnant and not suffering from a too-large-lunch. Would Keith even want Lance when he was round and hideous?

What if Keith decided that this pup wasn't worth it. What if he decided Lance wasn't worth it? Lance would lose everything! Don't get him wrong, Lance is a strong, independent omega. It;s just that...sometimes when you loved someone so much, the very thought of living without them was just too much to bear. 

A hand thumping on his shoulder startled Lance out of the dark path his thoughts were sure to go down. Shiro was staring at him with worry. "Lance? What's wrong?" he asked. Lance vaguely smelt his distress scent in the air. Oops, this topic might not be a good idea to think about. "Are you okay?" Shiro asked again.

"Yeah, yeah, no don't worry I'm totally fine," Lance assured. (I'm fine. I lied, I'm dying inside...kill me plz.) "Just thinking."

"O..kay?" Shiro said, not really believing Lance but letting it go. It was probably nothing. 

Oh how wrong he was.