The First Window Communication

Kuhu's POV

"I am in love with the shape of you" I danced. Swinging my hips side to side. Don't get me wrong but dancing inside a closed room is the best outlet for pre exam anxiety. I am in second year of my collage and today is my exam. Economics paper. I had studied hard for it yet was nervous. And while my mum prepared my breakfast in the kitchen, I closed the door and danced like pathetic manic.

Suddenly I heard a load beeping noise. Curious, I went to my window and saw a huge truck having the label "Movers and Packers". I guess maybe the new neighbours are coming to stay over in the opposite block. Only one flat was vacant. The one opposite to my floor.

I saw a middle age lady and a man who seemed to be her husband. Both had very friendly faces. Next to them I could see a guy in sweatshirt. And I guess he was their son. He was laughing freely. As if he had no pain in the world. I lived in second floor in the five storey building , close enough to be able to hear the sound of his laughter.

I have to sheepishly admit. I have crush over tall guys and ones having great smile. "Relax" I told myself. "Wasting your time on staring one guy won't boost your grades and career... focus... focus"

"Kuhu beta (daughter)! Your breakfast is ready" shouted my mum. Why the hell was I wasting time gaping a guy when I could grab some time to have a quick breakfast and revise the chapters.
*****************************

College wasn't eventful. Paper went well. I came home, put my bag on the table and threw myself on my bed.

Then I opened my window to get some fresh air. And what I see right in front of me? The same handsome guy that I saw in the morning was opening boxes and setting up things in their respective place. I guess he is arranging his stuff.

Suddenly he opens a giant box and takes out the monitor. It is followed by a keyboard, a mouse, a CPU and so on... he assembles the whole computer and tries to switch it on. But from the look on his face I could say he isn't successful.

I dare to peep around to find that he hasn't switched on the main switch.

"Kuhu mind your own business" I scold myself. "So what if his face is sad?"
I rest on my bed. However unable to take my burning curiosity, I peep out of the window and still find him scratching his head.

I feel bad for him. But how do I contact him? I mean I don't know his name. I am awkward around the guys. I cannot call him "Bhaisaheb" (it's a way of addressing a stranger male specimen in India and that word literally means brother). He is too handsome to be my brother. He is too handsome to be anyone's brother.

Finally I tear up a paper from my book. I scribble a sentence "switch on the main switch" on it and wrap it around a tennis ball and throw it towards his window. My shot is successful and the ball directy lands inside his room. He is narrowly missed by an inch from getting hurt on his head.

He comes to his window and looks at me as if I am drunk.

"Are you mad?" He signals.

"Where is the ball?" I signal him. I guess my sign language isn't good because he stares at my chest. I give him a furious look. Realisation hits him and  gives me an apologetic look. He then grins as he fetches the paper wrapped ball. He reads the message by unwrapping the paper and switches on the main switch.

He then dramatically searches for a notebook amongst heaps of his books and also tears a paper in which he scribbles the message, wraps the paper around the ball and throws it to me. I catch the ball and read the message.

"Thanks a lot" is written in a bold handwriting. He gives me a heart melting smile. Too nervous to react, I give him a stiff smile and bang the window close ... on his face (hey he was looking at me waiting for my reaction)
Stupid stupid stupid me!!!!!!!