Caught Red Handed

This chapter is dedicated to Nisha16198  for being my first reader and a huge support behind quick updates.

Kuhu's POV

"It's so nice that you people came" greeted my mum. My mother Sanaya Raj was the President of Ladies Club that was formed in our township. She invited Harsh's mother Deepa Seth to join her club.

Meanwhile my father Vasant Raj was busy discussing about recent Cricket IPL matches with Harsh's father Mr  Sohit Seth.

Within no time, our parents mingled with each other very easily. Which was good. I assumed that from then onwards I could easily go to meet Harsh and vice versa.

In midst of all the laughing and chattering, I and Harsh, seated opposite to each other were sipping our tea quietly. It was an irony that we were forced to communicate via our expressions even while we were seated face to face. When you live in India, many times it happens that even though your parents are broad minded, it requires  a certain degree of courage to initiate a small talk to a person of opposite gender in front of your parents for the first time. So we just gazed simply into each other's eyes.

Hell broke loose when my mother clarified

"Harsh told me that he and Kuhu are in same Music club. Isn't it nice that our kids are getting opportunity to learn advanced music at such a young age?"

Harsh's father, Sohit uncle looked at Harsh's face curiously. "Son, I didn't know you are into music."

I could see Harsh's face turn as white as chalk. Perhaps he wasn't good at hiding things from his parents. Just like me.

"Uncle actually I insisted him to join Music club"  I lied to cover up for him.

"Wow its good that you both study in the same collage. (Looking at my parents) Their XYZ collage is just great at extra curricular activities" remarked his mother.

"Wait.. No. My daughter studies in ABC collage" clarified my father. Even he too seemed to feel that something was fishy.

His parents gave him a hard gaze whereas my parents literally glared at me. If looks could kill, I would have been dead by then.

"I think we need to talk" declared his father.

" Exactly I need to know what is cooking between you both" said my mum.

We both looked at each other. Maybe our love story was supposed to end before it started. What the hell ...only yesterday I came to know about his beautiful name. I didn't even have his phone number. Thanks to his over smartness I had to lie... and now I was sure my parents would demand full explaination.