Everything has changed

Heya people. This chapter is based on Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran's song 'Everything has changed' Do listen to it. Anyways I am sharing lyrics in case you don't want to hear the song:):) Don't worry just in case you haven't heard the song earlier. You would obviously understand the whole chapter:)

Kuhu's POV

You know what? It was wierd that I was connected with someone whose name I didn't know. Yet the nickname 'monkey Boy' was sufficient for me. It was wierd that I had never heard his voice (except for his laughter at day one) yet his signals sufficed my need of communication. Yet I wanted to connect with him at higher level. I could give him my phone number and name but it would get boring. I have to know if he is really interested in me or not.

It's almost midnight. My parents are out of town. So I decide to do something crazy. I have a guitar which I plug with my amplifier and my mike with the speakers. I scribble a note, stating the name and the artists of the song with the lyrics.... wrap it with the ball using rubber band and throw it in the opposite window.

As expected, the monkey boy comes out grinning at me. Looking at his night clothes and hair in disarray, I assume that I have woken him up from his slumber. He leans at the window and looks at me expectedly. That's when I start singing the song by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran "Everything has Changed"

"All I knew this morning when I woke
Is I know something now, know something now I didn't before
And all I've seen since eighteen hours ago is green eyes and freckles
And your smile in the back of my mind making me feel like
I just want to know you better, know you better, know you better now

'Cause all I know is we said hello
And your eyes look like coming home
All I know is a simple name, everything has changed
All I know is you held the door
You'll be mine and I'll be yours
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed"

I know that whole colony must have been able to hear me. But I didn't care. I could make some excuse later. I just wanted to see his reaction. I had to be bold.

So I wait for him to say something. He signals me to wait. He opens up the paper that I had thrown into his window and sings the Ed Sheeran's part. Though he doesn't have microphone, and sings like a frog, I don't mind. I just need my answer. So I just stare at him while he sings the lyrics

"And all my walls stood tall painted blue
But I'll take 'em down, take 'em down and open up the door for you"

I continue to sing the further lines
"And all I feel in my stomach is butterflies the beautiful kind
Making up for lost time, taking flight, making me feel like"

And then we both sing the chorus part.

"Cause all I know is we said hello
And your eyes look like coming home
All I know is a simple name, everything has changed
All I know is you held the door
You'll be mine and I'll be yours
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed"

Some neighbours came to their windows dumbfounded while others were mostly immersed into their world of dreams. None of us cared. We just sang and laughed and waived goodbye and shut the window.

Now I was sure about one thing. He too liked me. I wasn't the only one.