Daring

Harsh's POV

12 days had passed from the chicken Girl's absence. My days felt lonely. I had became accustomed to seeing her face daily. Or dancing with her daily.

I wished I could go to airport to fetch her. Of course I didn't know anything about her flight and all. And in addition to that her parents too would be there. I wondered if there was anyway I could get my hands on flight details. But again, what about her parents?

Then I devised a genius plan. I groomed myself fully in the most presentable way. Then I went to her house and knocked her door. A middle age lady opened the door. I explained myself

"Hello aunty I am Harsh. I am (shit I didn't know her name!) your daughter's friend and I have came to meet her"

I took a deep breath. I was worried if she would doubt me. Definitely chicken girl must not have told about me to her parents. She didn't even know my name!

"Oh so you are Kuhu's friend? Please come in beta (son)"

Oh so her name is Kuhu. Such a sweet name for a sweet girl like her.

"Aunty can you please call her?" I ask her intentionally knowing that she wasn't there.

"She has gone abroad for an educational trip" she said with a pride in her voice. "But you can meet her tomorrow. Her flight is scheduled tomorrow"

I already knew that she return the next day but I wanted something more.

"Aunty are you and uncle going to receive Kuhu at airport?" I flinched while taking her name. It sounded great on my lips.

"Yeah beta (son). Me and uncle (her husband) would go tomorrow"

"Aunty do you mind if I come with you? I am sure she would be happy to see her friends" I ask hopefully. I cross my fingers waiting for her reply. I hope she doesn't throw me out of her house. In India in rarely exceptional cases (though it doesn't happen in metro cities much) parents are too narrow minded to allow their child to mix with opposite gender. I hoped that I didn't fall under such case. After all I was a stranger to her parents. It was nice that they didn't enquire much about my friendship with the Chicken girl.. oops I mean Kuhu.

"Sure beta (son) why not? Please come with us tomorrow. We are leaving at 2:30 at noon" she offered generously.

I thanked my stars and got excited to meet her finally. Face to face. Couldn't wait to see her reactions.