Fright at Night.

/Alexa's pov./

It was late at night and Jeff wasn't here. E.J was here with me, extremely quiet as I just sat on the bed staring up at the ceiling. 'It's so late... I'm so tired... yet... I don't feel like sleeping...' I sat there in silence until E.J stands up from the chair and looks at me. "I'm gonna go now. See you later." He says before turning and walking out of the door. I sigh as the door soon opens again. I don't even look at him, I just stare at the ceiling. "Why are you still up?" Jeff asks. I glance down towards him to see red stains on his hoodie making me glance away again. "Couldn't sleep." I say. He just walks over the bathroom door and opens it. "Fine. I gonna take a shower, so don't get into any trouble." He says. I'm a bit taken back but nod a bit. "I'll let you stay alone for a bit, unless you'd like to join me." He smirks. I glare at him looking away from him. "I'm good, thanks." I say back. He chuckles a bit before walking into the bathroom. "I won't be long." He says before closing the door. I sigh a bit wrapping my arms around my knees and looking down at the bed. 'Why must he be so bipolar? It's hard to keep up with...' I was sitting the contemplating whether I should sleep or not. After about ten minutes of my rethinking my life, the bedroom door creeks open slightly. I look up at it raising a brow. 'Jeff left it unlocked? Did he text E.J again?' I ponder while staring at the door. Soon it opens more and eyes peak in staring at me, but they were so low to the ground... I gulp as the eyes move closer, glowing in the dark. Soon I hear the water turn off from the shower and I hold my blanket close to me. Soon the thing jumps on the bed growling and I scream before jumping off of the bed. Soon the bathroom door opens, letting some light into the room and I look at the large red husky with a human like smile as it growls at me. "Smile! Stop!" Jeff demands. The dog then looks to Jeff then back to me before growling and jumping off the bed and walking into the darker part of the room. "Princess, you alright?" Jeff asks looking at me. I soon wrap my arms around his neck burying my head into his neck. He seems a bit taken back by this but slowly wraps his arm around my waist and holds me before putting his mouth by my ear. "It's fine. Smile can't hurt you if I tell him not to." He says. I was breathing heavily but soon started to calm down a bit as Jeff rubs my side in circles. 'Why was I so scared? I've been scared here but not that scared...' I think this over before opening my eyes and looking up at Jeff. He looks down into my eyes staring, seemingly thinking the same as me. "Are you gonna let go? Id like to get changed." He says. I blink before noticing he's only in a towel making me blush a bit as I am up against his bare chest. I pull away and nod before letting him walk over to the dresser he sighs a bit shaking his head as he grabs some clothes. "I leave you alone for ten minutes... and you're already getting attacked? I swear princess." He says laughing a bit before getting changed. I say on the ice of the bed facing the opposite direction as blush covers my face still. I cross my arms a bit before I feel him crawl on the bed and wrap his arms around me from behind before kissing my neck. " But it looks like you enjoyed yourself after." He says laughing at my blush. I scowl before turning my head away from him. "You pompous a-" I said before before he bites my ear making me yelp a bit. "Will you stop that? I'm mad at you!" I say. He chuckles. "For what? Saving you from become the newest addition to Smile's bone collection?" He asks. I huff looking away. "The dog is named Smile?" I ask changing the subject. "Yeah, Smile Dog is his name, but I call him Smile." He says. "Is he yours?" I ask looking at Jeff out of the corner of my eye. "Yeah. He went with me tonight, must have wanted to sneak in." He says before getting off me and laying back on the bed. I look back at him before looking into the dark part of the room where there's still two glowing eyes watching me making me bite my lip. "Is... Smile gonna stay here all night?" I ask. Jeff glances at the dog. "Yeah. If not he'll get real mad." He says before resting his head on the pillow. I sigh a bit before laying down next to Jeff turning my back to him. Before falling asleep I kept thinking. 'Why was I so scared of the dog? It's probably the most scared I've been since I first met Jeff... every other time I've been in frightful situations was with... Jeff.... Jeff always calmed me down of protected me in some way... He makes me feel a bit more safe...

If Jeff makes me feel safe then...

Do I have... feelings for him?'