Chapter 6- Interview

This chapter is dedicated to eleutheromaniacx for the amazing cover page.

Ella's POV

I'm awakened by the continuous beeping of my alarm. I reach for it and turn it off as I continued to steal some sleep for a few more minutes.

"ELLA," Lena screamed my name even before she is even seen inside the room.

I am widely awake now. Who wouldn't? 

If you haven't realized, I'm not a morning person, I prefer to sleep until late in the morning before I get up that is why even after setting an alarm to wake me up early for the interview I still had to tell Lena to wake me in case I don't wake early.

I applied for some jobs online and it wasn't until Friday when a company called and I was to come by the company today for an interview.

The caller who introduced himself as Jackson Miles told me if I did well in the interview then today will be my first day at work.

I couldn't sleep much. Can you blame me I am having an interview and if possible the first day at work. I didn't know what to do or expect.

I hurried into the bathroom and did my morning routine taking my time to look clean and fresh when I leave the bathroom.

When I finished and stepped out, Lena was waiting to help me 'look great' (her words not mine ) for my interview and first day at work if things go well on the interview.

I blow dry my hair after which Lena helped me with the makeup.

It lights makeup and I wore a white blouse and black office shirt which stop just before my knee and I paired it with a heel.

It not high though because I didn't know the nature of the work I was going to do or whether it was going to be a lot about standing or not so I went with a not-so-high heel.

I give out the address of the company to the taxi driver as I made myself comfortable at the back of the taxi.

Fifteen minutes later I'm standing in front of a very huge building. It was very beautiful and I can't even imagine the inside. It will be damn luxurious.

The bold gold print assures me I'm at the right place. AG company

"Hi I'm here for an appointment with Mr. Miles," I told the receptionist at the front desk who looked to be in her forties.

"Ella Laurence," she asked, typing effortlessly on her computer.

"Yes," I answered.

"20th floor." She said.

I thanked her and made my way to the elevator.

"Hi are you here to see Mr. Miles" the young lady who seems to be around my age smiled up to me.

"Yes, I have an appointment with him," I replied

"This way, please. He is waiting for you." I followed her as she gestured with hand showing me to his office and turning back to her desk.

I think she is his assistant

I knock lightly before stepping inside

Before I had the chance to check out the office, a certain voice spoke across the desk.

"Ella, nice to see you again. Take a seat" I have heard that voice before. 

But I can't seem to figure who it belongs to.

I move my eyes up and recognition hit me as I remembered the event of the park and there he is.

Jack!

It never occurred to me that the Jack I met at the park could be the same as this Jackson Miles who had called and is now sitting here in this office right across from me.

This sure is a small world huh.

Oh wait, does that mean I will be working with Jack at the same office?

Or I will be working for him?

Is this good news or bad news.?

Do l act as I know him outside the office or not?

I have to be professional and still acknowledge I know him and that is exactly what I did.

"Good morning sir, and nice to meet you again too."  I finally said smiling.

"Just called me Jack, 

I nod as he continued

After some few questions which I answered to the best of my capacity...

" I have gone through your resume and I think you are the...

He stressed making me anticipate and praying that I get it

...right person for the job.

"Thank you sir" I couldn't hide my gin.

"Jack" he corrected

"I'm sorry, but can I just called you sir." I requested

He just nods

"Welcome to AG enterprise Ella." He said extending his hand for a handshake which I took.

"You can start work tomorrow." He said

What happens to probably start work today if things go well.

"What is my job sir," I asked instead

"Oh you will be an assistant to the CEO of this company Ashton Grey, 50th floor and he will brief you on what you are supposed to do when you come to work tomorrow.

" thank you, sir."

"You can take your leave, your interview is done."

I  thanked him again before leaving the office.

I was so happy I called to tell my friends and they were happy for me as well.

A/N

Please do vote and comment