Chapter 32 - In my boss's house

I hope this is soon enough?

Ella's POV

I wake up the next morning, in a strange room. One that I haven't been to before, so I was scared. Not only that, but my head was also pounding like it would fall off anytime soon.

The next thing I did after waking up, examined my body. And thankfully nothing strange except for maybe my changed clothes.

I hope I've not been kidnapped or something. I was panicking by now.

Is this how I am going to die? Without meeting dad, for the last time? Maybe it would be a good thing. I will get to see mum again. But this is not how I would like to die. I sure want to see mum again but not this way. I am not ready just yet. My wild inner voice wasn't helping me either.

In an attempt to come up with anything that might have gotten me in a strange bed and a strange room, my brain couldn't come up with anything. it was just blank.

Oh, wait... I was busy stressing that I didn't see the note, glass of water, and a tablet on the nightstand.

The note read;

Good morning love, help yourself with the tablet, it will help with the hangover, and join me downstairs.

I will be waiting.

Your boss,

Ashton.

Oh my God. Wait! I am at my boss's house and I was drunk last night. Where is Lena? And more importantly, how did I end up in Ashton's house of all places?
what should I do? I was walking up and down the length of the room stressing myself on how to face Ashton, my boss, in his house?

I quickly took the pain killer, then used the bathroom before I went down. What bad could happen? Nothing right? Right.

The place was big and very beautiful. I walk into the living room but no one was there. I heard voices from the right side and follow them. It leads me to the most breathtaking kitchen ever. The type you see in movies. The type every woman wishes to have. where Ashton was seated at the counter with an older woman.

"Oh hey, you are awake. How are you feeling? Breakfast will be ready in a bit. " Ashton ramble. He was facing the door, so he saw me first. The woman turned to face me when she realizes He wasn't talking to her.

"I knew it. I knew you were hiding something from the way you were up on a Saturday of all days before I came to wake you. And the grin which isn't leaving your face " the woman accused. The last part had Ashton blushing though I didn't hear it because she said it for only Ashton to hear.

"It's not what you think Margret. She is Ella, my personal assistant." Ashton clarified.

"I'm still happy because you haven't bought any lady hereafter, Tiana - "

"Margret! " Ashton interrupted with a glare.

I wonder who is Tiana? Since the name made Ashton stiffed and angry for a reason I know not.

"Oh, where are my manners. I'm Margret. Nice meeting you Ella." Margret introduces breaking the silences.

"Nice to meet you too" I like the woman already. She was nice to her to speak and I trust she is nice in general. The first impression, they say.

I joined Ashton in the living room as we waited for breakfast

"So how did I end up here sir," I asked the one question bugging my mind since I wake up.

"Firstly, I'm no sir outside work. And to answer your question, you had a lot of drinks last night and your friend too so I really didn't have anywhere other than bring you home with me."

"Did I say or do anything silly? I tend to say embarrassing things when I have more than enough to drink." I asked lowering my head in embarrassment.

Before he could respond, Margret called us for breakfast.

"You mean you don't remember anything from last night? Not even what happened before you were drunk? "

"Nothing. My mind is blank. Do you mind telling me. " whenever I am drunk, I forget everything until later on." I informed

What of the dream?

Dream? I echoed as flashes of my daily nightmares resurface.

"I'm so sorry. I hope I didn't disturb your sleep." I managed to speak

He gave me the are you serious look. " I'm so sorry about your mum." What happened to her?

This is a question I haven't heard for a while because I do everything to avoid it but with him, I wanted to share. What is happening to you, Ella?

A/N
Dedication to @rosella for the new lovely cover. Actually, she made three of them but I couldn't wait for your opinion on which of them to choose. They are all awesome 💜

Check her out. She is 😘😘😘

💜

💛

💓

Let vote, then I will change it to the one with more comment