Chapter 7-Manners

Ella's POV

I have reported early to work today since it is officially my first day at work as the assistant of the CEO of one of the leading enterprises in the country.

Yesterday when Jack had told me I couldn't stop giggling when I stepped out of his office and the building.

Jack asked Mia, his secretary to show me around the place since I was new here and also I was just sitting idle because Mr. Grey my boss is yet to arrive at the office.

After the thirty minutes tour around the building, Mia went back to her office and I'm back to square one... Sitting idle.

I immediately straighten up when I hear the door to the private elevator ding then open and a handsome man about his mid-twenties if I'm not mistaking stepped out and stroll in all his glory in a suit that hugs his perfect body like a second skin taking my breath away.

I compose myself.

"Good morning sir." I greeted politely.

"Come to my office. now." He commands ignoring my greeting

His manners are not as handsome as his looks. I mumbled under my breath as I followed him into his office.

I'm not sure whether I should sit or not because he did not offer me a seat. So I stood there waiting for him to talk.

I take this opportunity to check out the office.

The office is huge, I mean really huge with papers on his huge desk. There are three chairs. One is across from me which I presume is his chair because is facing his desk and the other two are right in front of me, for visitors or clients. there are two other doors aside from the front door which I think should be a bathroom or a private place.

I quickly draw my eyes away from the many award frames and certificates plastered on the wall when I hear the rattle of keys.

"For now, you are my personal assistant and your work here is to respond to my email, schedule my appointment, write reports during the meeting. You are also supposed to be ready and prepared for any emergency meeting and trips."

"And I don't tolerate lateness, laziness or anything of that sort here in my company" he continued

So much to do. I thought as I listen to his long lecture.

"Your office is right across from here and everything you need is there for you, dismiss." He said as he hands me the keys to my office.

"Thank you, sir," I said before exiting and walking into my new office.

I unlock the door to my office.

'Wow" I gasp

It truly had all the things I will need, a computer, an intercom, I cabin containing files, and even a medium-size television set.

I decided to acquaint myself with my new office as I waited for orders from my boss.

He was completely rude to me back at his office I remembered.

And then again I'm only his assistant right?

I just have to figure out a way to live with the rudeness and arrogance.

Something catches my attention immediately my buttons touch the chair and my eyes landed on the computer on the desk

"Click me." On the computer.

I hesitated for a second before clicking on it.

A document containing a detailed description of my expectations and other things.

Being early to work.

No lateness or laziness.

I'm not allowed to use his private elevator. Which I have already been told by Mia. She said Mr. Grey fired an assistant because of that.

So I wouldn't dare!!

I'm not to allow visitors inside his office when he asks not to be disturbed.

I should have reports and notes of every meeting at all times.

I will be working from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm each day for five days a week and must be available when needed outside the day or time stated above.

I'm to represent him at parties, galas, and occasions when he can't make it.

What the hell! I exclaimed, I'm not a party person.

That is so much work to do.

Can I handle that much?

A/N

What do you think of this chapter? Leave a comment