Chapter 27: Lego my Eggo

~This chapter contains spoilers for the lego movie, but if you haven't seen it by now you probably don't care.~

---

"What the fuck is a lego?" Hachi asked, sitting down on the couch.

"Please don't use that language when my parents are around..." Toda said quietly, then started to put the movie into the player. "They're little plastic building block toys, the bumps on top help hold them together when you stack them. The humanoid-like ones are called minifigures, or just minifigs."

"Oh, that artificially created stuff." She nodded. "Like some of your cups, and the bottles."

"Yeah, that stuff." He said, then grunted and sat down in a chair. "Ready?"

"I suppose."

Toda nodded, then started the movie, though... something was different about this one. It felt so three dimensional.

"Wait wait, did people draw this too?" Hachi asked, leaning forward a little.

"No, this is CGI." Toda said, paused, then added. "Computer animated; they make virtual models of things on a computer and make them move a little bit at a time."

"Hm..."

This movie was moving much faster than the other one, there were already so many things to keep track of- did that guy just make birds out of the ground? How? She gave Toda a bit of a confused expression, but he wasn't paying attention to her. Wait, they just skipped 'Eight and a half years'!? That was... She used her mask to calculate... 3094 shifts! That was such a long time, how could they just skip through all of that like it was nothing? At least they'd shown Simba getting older in the last movie! "Toda, what happened?"

"Hm?" He asked, looking toward her.

"What happened to the other guys? One of them got kicked into a chasm!" She exclaimed. "Wait, is the other guy on the television? Why?"

"It'll all be explained." He reassured. "Just keep watching."

"What's a taco?" She asked.

"A taco is... well, it's meat, cheese, and vegetables inside a crunchy tortilla shell thing." A brief pause, then. "And tortilla is like a flat kind of bread."

"What are those things following that lady on the street?"

"Cats..." Toda said, sounding a bit irritated. "Small furry animals that some people keep as pets, they're a bit hard to come by."

"I thought you squids didn't sing while you worked."

"We do in movies."

Hachi sighed and slumped. This movie didn't make any sense... The main guy, the construction worker, was just as he was supposed to be, following the rules, living a perfect life. Wait, he spotted a person in the ruins. Yeah, that's right, report her.– Wait wait wait, this person was a pretty girl, and he was getting distracted. "No no no, don't break the rules..." She said quietly. "You'll get in trouble...!"

It was hopeless, he tried to chase after her and instead fell into a rather painful pit. She cringed as he slammed into surface after surface, and then weapons. How was he even alive? And immediately once he'd landed he began to break the rules yet again. "WHY?" She demanded.

"It's for the sake of the story." Toda said with an amused expression on his face.

She was going to reply when a strange sequence of images flashed across the screen, and the protagonist woke up in some sort of prison facility. Her attention began to wane, but she yelped in fright when the person initiating the interrogation spun his head around to reveal another face. "AAHHH!" She screamed, then fell off the couch. Toda's resulting chuckles made her scowl in frustration.