05 | Single Forever

CHAPTER 5

At one point in our lives, there is always a time when you wanted to give a high five to two persons at the same time.

On the face with a hammer.

I glared at the two boys in front of me. Shivaye was sitting in a chair, his feet on the table as he listened to the music playing in his earphones. The other one was laughing at a video and rolling on the floor.

We were at the school library, instead of the detention room as the teacher who was in charge got an emergency call to go home. As part of the punishment, we were asked to place the new books in alphabetical order and I was the only one doing it.

I am done.

I stomped towards Aiden Philip, who was still laughing at something and snatched his phone. His eyes widened and he narrowed his eyes at me.

Aiden Philip, the boy whose intimating looks scared everyone and was known as the bad boy. He was attractive with the ink on his body and green eyes. But I know him enough to know that he wasn't what everyone makes him be and the boy has a heart of cotton candy.

"Anika, give it back."

"Not until you help me or else the whole school will know about your little crush on my best friend." I challenged, hands on my hips.

"What are you talking about? I don't even know your best friend."

"Sure you don't." I rolled my eyes, "What do you know?"

He knitted his eyebrows and replied, "Tessa Lockhart, birthday on June 3rd, favorite color is purple, loves to read books and favorite is The Fault in Our Stars and she wants to be a doctor someday. She is -" He cleared his throat, "I know only this much, I read it somewhere."

I laughed at his embarrassed expression and pink cheeks. "She is not a celebrity and you know almost everything. You are a very bad liar but if her father hears it, he will shoot you."

"He doesn't have a gun, he is a doctor."

"Man, you are whipped." I walked to the shelf with Aiden trailing behind me.

"Can you both shut up? Somebody here is trying to listen to music in peace," Shivaye yelled, this boy will be the death of me.

"You." I pointed to him and marched towards him.

"What is your problem?" He asked, annoyed.

"My problem is you, Shivaye. It is because of you I am here today and we can only leave after finishing it. If I am going to be late, then I will miss My Name is Khan which is airing today."

"Your obsession with Shahrukh Khan is still the same," he muttered, trying to put the ear pod back.

"You are just jealous,"

"And why would I be jealous?"

"Because he gets all my attention and you don't." I winked and he rolled his eyes.

"Why don't you continue your flirting with him while I listen to music?" He asked.

This time, he looked away and I was able to take his phone away. "Don't you dare, Anika."

"Oh, I will. Just make use of yourself and help us."

"What are you going to hold against me like you did with Aiden?" He smirked.

He was listening to our conversation.

"What about I tell your mom that you and Andrea are a thing."