Chapter Twenty-Two: His Promise

Kazumi POV

     I'm with Anko in Training Ground 44. The Forest Of Life.

Not.

I sweat dropped when I saw Anko eat another bag of dango. I heard some footsteps. I looked to my right and saw my team. I sweat dropped even more when Lukario and Yuki are fighting to who was first to be here.

Troublesome people.

I sighed and crossed my arms. I sighed even more when I felt the sand wrapping around my ankle.

I then looked to my left and saw the sand siblings. I walked towards them. Temari and Kankuro widened their eyes when they saw me walking towards Gaara.

He still had that emotionless face.

Like mine.

I moved my arm but the sand stopped it. I moved it a bit and clenched my right fist.

I'll try to contact Shukaku again. "Gaara. Come on."

"Why is mother calm?"

"I need to speak to Shukaku."

"Fine." He said and we fist bumped. He widened his eyes a bit. Then it returned to normal.

-Gaara's Mind Scape-

     I opened my eyes to see Shukaku and Gaara in front of me. I heard a low a deep sinister growl. "Kurama. Calm down."

"And why should I listen to you?"

"I am your host. So you better listen you dumb fox."

"Eh?! Oi! You! Puny long haired human! What are you doing in my slave's mind scape?!"

"I am Kazumi Uzumaki. And no. Gaara is not a slave. He is your host. And you should be the one to listen to him."

Shukaku POV

     That little- "Hahahahaha! And why do I need to listen to someone like you?!"

"Because I am only doing what's best for Gaara. Yes. We are Jinchuriki. And us Jinchuriki don't need help from others. But I'm different. I will help you gain freedom. And not be seen as monsters."

"HOW?! HOW CAN A LITTLE MORTAL DO SUCH THINGS TO US! WE WILL BE FEARED! WE'RE ALWAYS FEARED BY ALL HUMANS! EVEN YOU!" But what shocked me next is her voice. It's not Kurama's mixed with hers.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA, ON HOW MUCH SACRIFICE I'M DOING FOR ALL JINCHURIKI AND TAILED BEASTS?! HUH?! I'M GOING TO BE CONSIDERED AS AN ENEMY TO MY VILLAGE IF I GET CAUGHT! I AM DOING THIS FOR ALL OF US, YET YOU'RE MAD ABOUT IT! THANK YOU!"

"Tch. Fine. You have my respect. Now what do you want?!"

"I'm here to talk to you. I have to say this once, so listen carefully. Do NOT treat Gaara like a slave. Do NOT, control him. Even if I don't see it in the outside, I can feel it in the inside. UNDERSTAND?!"

"YES MA'AM!"

"HAHAHAHAHA! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE SCARED OF HER!"

"DID I ASK YOUR OPINION KURAMA?!"

"NO MA'AM!"

"Give me some of your chakra, so that we can talk, without having to fist bump."

"Fine........there. Happy?"

"Thanks. Now. I have to go. See you later Kaku." I blushed at that. She was the first human to ever give me a nickname.

I saw her fading away. Along with Kurama. I was a little bit shocked, when I saw Kurama smile a bit.

'You really have my respect....Kazumi'

Kazumi POV

     I opened my eyes to see a shocked Gaara. "There. With him promising that, you can sleep."

"Why are you helping me?"

"Why? Trust me. I don't want to. But you're a Jinchuriki. Like me. So I tend to help one of my kind."

"Alright kids! Gather up!"

"Looks like the second exam is starting. See you later....my little panda." I said and pinched his nose playfully. I giggled a bit and teleported beside Anko.

She explained on how the second exam is about. Basically, they need to survive, and they need to get a heaven or earth scroll to pass. They only have five days to finish.

I magically held up the contract. "This contract is basically for you to sign. Why? Because you are the ones responsible for you, or your comrades death. Not ours." One by one, they signed.

After signing, they went to their gates. But Team 7 and Team 12. They were being interviewed by Konahamaru's Team. Apparently, Ebisu didn't allow them to take the Chunin Exams yet. I saw a grass ninja beside Naruto.
I quickly teleported beside Naruto and grab the ninja's wrist....tightly.

"What are you doing to my brother?"

"Nothing. Jussst sssaying sssome warningsss."

"If I see you near my team and my brother's team......I'll kill you."

"Fine. Be that way. Hehehehe." He then walked away. I looked at Naruto, to see that blood was dripping on his left cheek.

I sighed and grabbed a napkin. I gently wiped the blood on his cheek. "Are you okay.....Naruto?"

"Yeah. That guy gives me the creeps."

"Tell me about it."

"Thanks sissy. You're the best!" He then hugged me. I hugged back and stood back up.

I grabbed Naruto's back collar and carried him back to his team. I put him down gently. "Sasuke. Watch out for enemies. I suggest that you should give yourselves the longest passwords."

"Eh?! Why long?!"

"Because...Naruto. You can't memorise it. And they can automatically tell that it's you. Oh. And Sakura. Look out for my brother okay?"

"Okay."

"Team 12!" They looked at me. "Split up now. Lukario. Yuki. Go to Gate 43. Zara. Gin. Sheila. Go to Gate 23. Those are the safest gates by all. Now. SCATTER! Good luck!"

They nodded and scattered. I teleported to Anko. She was by the lever. "Ready?! Second part of the Exam.........BEGIN!" She pulled the lever and all the gates opened.

We were about to go to the lookout tower, until we heard a blood curling scream. I only chuckled. "Looks like the party is starting."