Squad Up (Pt 6)

"No. Way," Harley breathes in total shock.

"Let's go home," Waller says authoritatively.

"Yeah, let's go home," Boomerang growls. "That sounds good. You guys wanna go home? Or you wanna go back to prison?"

"I'm not going back to prison," Harley laughs.

"Ditto," Maddie adds.

"What I'm saying is, we kill the pair of 'em now before they kill us," Boom suggests.

Katana lunges forward to attack him, but Amanda holds her back, muttering, "I got this."

"You all made it this far, don't get high-spirited on me now and ruin a good thing," she sings, waving a nanite controller in the air.

All of the squad glares at the woman with barely restrained rage, watching her part their ranks after threatening them. Harley growls, feeling like a beaten and collared attack dog.

"I like her," KC mutters after she's walked out onto the roof to summon the chopper.

Flag and Katana follow and Maddie and Harley take the opportunity to check out the phone again.

"Shit," Harley breathes as she reads the text.

<3 years isn't that much, right? Age is just a number after all...>

"Holy fuck..." Maddie mumbles.

"You're fucking 19! You're way past legal!" Harley exclaims. "Oh my fuck I'm only five years older than you!"

Both women shriek at the new knowledge as the remaining squad members watch the scene with concerned interest.

"Holy shit. My dad's dating a woman that's only five years older than me!" Madeline yells. "Gross! What the fuck, Dad?!"

"Hey, we are in love, alright! Love is love, and I love him, and we both love you like our daughter, and that's all that fucking matters!" Harley shouts, straightening everything out.

"Okay, okay, you're right," Maddie admits. "But still."

She shudders to herself and the women leave to go outside, Floyd shaking his head as he and the others follow them.

After a bit of waiting, a large military helicopter approaches the building. One of the soldiers attempts to make contact, but it appears that it's not responding. Maddie tenses from her place between Harley and Rick as he and Waller exchange glances.

"Our bird's been jacked," Flag finally announces, raising his gun. "Light it up!"

Gunfire starts erupting all across the rooftop as it becomes evident just who took the chopper. Joker's mad cackles fill the night air as he and Frosty start raining down their fury on the girls' captors.

Harley and Maddie duck for cover behind boxes on opposite sides of the aisle dividing the rooftop, covering their heads as they're temporarily without weapons, not that they would even want to use them.

Floyd gives Harley a look from where he's crouched beside her, eyeing her warily.

"What? I got a hickey or something?" She asks, clapping a hand to her neck as she notices Deadshot's stare.

Joker hustles along the scientist that's deactivating Harley's and Maddie's neck bombs as politely as he can, eager to return the both of them to his side. The doctor falls back as he finishes with Harley and is quick to move onto Maddie as J shoots a text to Harley telling her to move.

Harley gets the message just as Maddie's nanite is also disarmed. She looks up at Floyd, ecstatic even as he shakes his head at her forcefully. With a giggle, she rises and strolls fearlessly to the helicopter, beckoning Madeline after her.