CHAPTER 28

It had been so long. So long since I had last touched her that my fingertips were sensitive to the slightest of pressures. And wherever our skins made contact, her hair would stand on end. I laid her down on the bed and running my hands from her cheeks to her hips to sneak them under her blouse. She moaned as a reply. I rolled up her blouse and began to kiss every inch of her stomach.

She grabbed my face and pulled me back up to kiss me again, harder this time. As the kiss became deep, she took my left hand and placed it on her breast.

She felt different. The Faye I had made love with during most of my teen years, was a little more dubitative, less aggressive. This Faye was not. She knew where she wanted me to kiss her, where she wanted me to touch her and how, and made no apologies for it. It might have come with age. The older you get, the more you understand yourself... or the more you try. The more you realize the things that excite you and the things that don't, and the more you realize you should let them guide you. But something told me it wasn't the case with Faye.

Faye put her hands on my hips and pushed me over to place herself on top, then sat up and removed her shirt. I sat up and kissed her stomach letting my fingers trace down the line in her spine until they reached the zip of her bra.

As I snapped it open, she smiled at me while the skin of her breast caressed my skin.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you," she whispered as I sank my face in her chest. "If it were for me, we would've done this since the moment we ran into each other at the Walmart."

I flipped her around to get on top again. "We would've gotten arrested for public indecency."

She waved that off, "Minor issues."

She smiled and kissed me again. She removed my clothes, and I removed the rest of hers. I kissed her legs, from the tip of her toes to the bone in her hip. She felt so familiar, yet so mysteriously exciting. It was like rediscovering her.

We made love until five am, then we went to bed and slept until around nine. Woke up and made love again.

I had no nightmares that night.

At ten we walked into the kitchen to find Faye's mom drinking coffee and reading the news in her tablet. She couldn't hide her surprise when she saw me, especially because I was wearing some of Faye's pajamas. But she quickly changed her expression and smiled.

"Good morning. Riley, what a pleasant surprise."

"Good morning," I said.

"We got breakfast?" Faye asked looking for something to eat in the cupboards.

"Cereal."

Faye asked me to sit at the breakfast table with her mom while she poured me cereal. She also brought a basket with fruit, bread and some jam. We ate comfortably, but Barbara wasn't really happy with me that day, I could imagine why. As I ate my cereal and put jam on a slice of bread, she asked.

"What time did you get here last night? I didn't hear you."

"Oh, I'm... late. I didn't really had plans to come but, well, things just happened."

"I see. Well, you know you are always welcome."

"I know. Thanks."

Barbara turned to Faye and gave her a disapproving look. Faye ignored it and kept eating. After breakfast, Faye offered me the bathroom to take a quick shower and get going. I could understand her, she didn't wanna stay in her home longer than she had to, especially since her mother was giving her that attitude.