Dinner Topic

Evelina's POV.
"Tell us Velina! When are we going to have grandchildren?! I really want to pamper them and want to know what it is like to be grandma!" My Mama pouted and crossed her arms.

How the hell did she get to be so childish all of a sudden?!

"Mama! I have just gotten married and it has not even been one year. So, there is plenty of time ahead of us!" I said blushing hard. These types of questions always ran towards me these past days. If not my Mama, then my gang!
And I know that my Mama had successfully manipulated them in trying convincing me!

Adam and I were at my parents' place, they invited us for dinner to spend time with their daughter and their son-in-law. So, we accepted the invitation and now I was regretting it.

Oh and yes! I stopped calling Adam 'The Satanic Asshole'. Why? Well, because I thought that it might be too harsh to call him that when he helped me in many difficult situations and...I don't know why...

"Plenty of time?! Evelina I am growing white hair and you are saying that you have plenty of time?! Oh Lord!" My Mama this time, switched completely to her dramaqueen mode.

"What happened Mom? Why are you crying?" Adam asked frowning.

This guy does have perfect timings in showing up!-note the sarcasm.

"Oh my dear! I cannot hold it anymore! I think my old ears are going to bust!" She got up from the couch and hugged Adam.

"Mama, you can just ask one of your devil-sons to do it. Why me?" I questioned her because I really wanted to know why only me? Why not Van?

"You already know that Van is more interested in his career and Ed..well he has not yet found his mate. So it leaves only you and Adam!" She turned with her eyes puffy with tears welling up.

"Leaving me and Eve? I don't understand." Adam asked confused with his eyebrows brought together.

"Uh-Adam it's nothing it is just-" I could not even complete my sentence.

"Nothing?! It is far from nothing my dear. I am just telling your wife to fill my heart with grandchildren's love...but I think it is impossible now..." She wiped her tears with the back of her right hand.

On hearing these words, Adam blinked three times and then when the message registered in his mind, he smirked looking at me. And might I say this smirk was sexy that I really wanted to smack my lips on it and just devour it inch by inch.

"Don't worry Mom. I think your wish will come true in this year itself." He was talking to my Mama but he kept his eyes on me. They were glittering with mixed emotions.

I could not utter a damn word. I felt like my tongue was tied. So I just shifted my eyes to the floor admiring the beauty of the shiny wood-like design tiles.

"Oh thank you Adam! You are such a good guy! I knew you would understand me. You know, my daughter does not understand me maybe that's why God sent a son-in-law like you to not make me feel alone." What the hell? How can she switch side?! How can she say all this on her daughter?!

"Alone? I always think Papa is with you." I said rolling my eyes.

"You see dear? How she is talking to her Mama?" Seriously? What is wrong with her today?!

My Papa was standing with his hand on his lips clearly surpressing his laughter.

I really need to end this conversation.

"Okay Mama. I understand, you want grandchildren." I told her just for the sake of ending this awkward situation.

"So you will give me grandchildren?" She asked with her eyes shining.

"I will think about it Mama." I sighed. Just for the sake of ending this.

But when my eyes shot to Adam his sexy smirk switched to a very devilish one with his eyes so seductive that I could feel like my knees was weakening.

I really was digging my own grave...

"Hey everyone I am home!" Oh no! Not him!

"Oh so Velina is still here?" Van came like a tornado and hugged me tightly.

Good Lord! Why everyone has perfect timings in showing up today?!

"What is happening? Why everybody is so silent?" He backed slightly and looked everyone in the face analysing us.

"Why are you staring at us?" I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Are you all okay? Cause-" Before he got the time to finish his sentence, my Mama jumped right in.

"Van! Your sister is going to build a family! Isn't it wonderful?" Oh here we goes again...in this topic.

"Family? Oh My God! Velina! I am so happy for you! It is really wonderful Mama! Then I will be uncle! I will design so many cute clothes for my nieces or nephews!"  Van was literally jumping and hugged me more than five times. Then he went to Adam and whispered something in his ear that made them laugh.

"Guys! Calm down! I just said that I will think about it. I don't mean that I going to be a mother in the following months! And you! What were you whispering in my husband's ear?!" I turned to Van and eyed him suspisciously. Then at the corner of my eyes, I saw Adam's eyes glittering like a baby got his favourite lollipop and that was the moment I realised what I just said-husband.

"What? It is a man-to-man talk. You don't need to know." Van sassed rolling his eyes.

"I did advise you to stop doing that. It does not suit you. You need to be realist and confront the truth sometimes Van. I know it hurts but you need to do it. I am here to lend you a shoulder. I am here brother. Always." I dramatised this dialogue and stressed it a little bit with my palm on my chest.

"Hey everyone. I am sorry I am late-.....what is going on here?" Ed showed up with a very confusing look on his face.

Why I feel like this dinner will be the most enjoying one? I thought sarcastically while rolling my eyes.

We finally meet after soooo long!!! I am terribly sorry for not updating lately. I am stuffed with a lot of schoolwork! Anyway! Thank you for taking your sweet time  reading this part! Hope you enjoyed it! Bye!❤