Chapter Seven: Ashes to Ashes, We All Fall Down

No...

No, no, no....

No, no, no, no, no, no no....

No way in hell do I want to live with this guy for a few weeks, the guy over there smirking at me like I'm some kind of idiot. No! I do not want to deal with him right now. Especially not after earlier... No!

Oh yeah, you're probably wondering who I'm talking about right? Well, take a good guess, because it should be plenty obvious from my reaction to the guy. You know, the one with the designer coat that I knew was designer even though I shouldn't have because I don't keep track of clothes? Yeah, him.

...I hate my life. So much. Why do I keep running into this guy?! Why?! Why, sky, why?!

It's almost like fate wants me to beat the ever-loving snot out of him, and then hang his intestines off a flag pole for the vultures- or what ever other flying predator wants them.

Wait... I have to play nice. Noooooo!

The jerk looked like he'd just taken a shower, his hair was wet and there were water droplets still dripping off of his face. At least he was dressed, and not wrapped only in a towel; like I would have been if I hadn't known there were people in the house.

Goodbye, walking around the house naked when nobody's home. I'll miss you.

Blue eyes gleamed with surprise and amusement, seeming to take on an arrogant glint that it's owner reflected in his bloody stupid smile, "Well, this is certainly interesting," Adrian chuckled softly, running a hand lazily through his damp black hair, and looking like he was giving me a once over. In reality, he was probably just taking in the fact that I was patched up and bruised like a five-year old's Barbie doll. At least, that's what I hoped he was doing.

"Are you sure I'm the one stalking you?" I blurted out suddenly, quickly covering my mouth to keep myself from saying the next part of the sentece. I'd almost said the phrase I'd sworn never to say again, to him again. BLASHPHEMY!!! A blush colored my cheeks much like the ocean would sweep away lines in the sand; suddenly, and with me powerless to stop it from disappearing, or in this case, appearing.

And now he's laughing at me, just great, "I can see where you get your character from," he remarked with a grin, sauntering over from the hallway to take a seat at one of the couches next to the one I was currently occupying, "I have to say, I had no idea you were Mr. White's niece. He had mentioned that he had someone around my age with a very... difficult personality for most people to deal with, but I can't say I expected it to be you."

Why does this have to be the day I'm too injured to strangle him? "Most people don't even know we're related," I replied back, already becoming irritated with him. This was already becoming a routine... oh joy, "I don't exactly go around broadcasting it, and I'm not friendly enough with anyone at school for them to ask," bitter much? I flipped around on the couch, trying to get comfortable. It was a nice couch, don't get me wrong, but bruises are evil I tell you.

"I noticed. What's the deal behind that?" He asked calmly, as if my aggressive behavior had gone unnoticed, "You don't seem to get along with anyone very well at all, though some I completely understand... sort of anyway. I highly doubt everyone is making you extremely uncomfortable by trying to flirt with you," that was new. Sort of.

I raised a brow, ditching my irritation for amusement at his expense, "Ah, the rest of the girls' found out about your existence, did they?"  a question for a question. I didn't care much for talking about myself.

We all know that's bullshit, this entire book is you talking about yourself. And there goes my brain again. I meant my school experience...