Chapter Twenty-Five: The Relative Midget

When I’d said that I’d wanted revenge for what he’d been doing, I didn’t quite think all of my evil plan quite all the way through. I hadn’t anticipated the bond or whatever the hell it was that Adrian had done to me, kicking in and making me feel the stomach cramps too. Fortunately, I was left out of the more...craptastic effects of the laxative that I’d laced the cookies with. So I only had to deal with the painful stomach ache that came with them.

Rolling on the wood flooring of my bedroom, I was clutching my stomach, glaring angrily at my door. I felt absolutely furious, and couldn’t ascertain why. All I knew was that I wanted to tear something apart; preferably with my teeth.

Steak sounded really good right about then, that’s for sure.

After what felt like a half an hour of rolling around on the floor, laughing from the results of my prank, and clutching my abdomen trying to get the cramps to go away, the pain finally subsided, and I could get up and move around again.

I still felt very pissed off though. That annoyed me. Why the hell was I so angry at everything?!

Well, there was nothing in the world that couldn’t be solved with a good long nap. Picking myself up off of the floor, I tackled my bed, clutching tightly onto one of my pillows and waffling myself amongst my blankets. Once I was tightly encased by my bedsheets, I buried my face into my pillow and drifted off.

Ah, sleep. How I adore thee so.

-----------------

She was in trouble this time. I wasn’t about to write her little scheme off as a harmless prank! Goddammit that had hurt like hell! And the smell…I wanted to know how she’d gotten a hold of prescription strength bowel loosener! She didn’t suffer from chronic constipation, did she?

Once the effects of the drug had worn off after about thirty minutes, I may have a working gastrointestinal system, but it processes things faster; I was able to drive myself home without having to worry about my dung leaking out of my rear like urine left my…well, you get the idea. It’s very disconcerting when shit like that happens.

In any case, I needed to come up with a suitable punishment for Kathryne before I got home and she tried to pull something else. I could have gotten Eric involved, but something told me that he’d be more interested in laughing his ass off than disciplining his errant niece.

Maybe I could try pretending that nothing had happened to me, and get back at her while she was sleeping? A dangerous task, to be sure; Kathryne had a terrible habit of violence if someone disrupted her sleep. However, I could not simply ignore what she had done. She might pull something else even more dangerous the next time. That was an outcome I hoped to avoid; I may have been a Vampire, but I could still feel pain.

My brother would have gotten a kick out of her antics. Thank goodness he wasn’t here to torment me…

“Hey little brother!”

...Speak of the devil. My brother had a terrible habit of popping out of nowhere; a gift he’d inherited from our deceased mother. He could teleport himself anywhere he wanted, whenever he wanted, so long as he had the energy to do so. Since he was one of the undead, he almost always did. Though he hadn’t been bugging me as often recently; he didn’t like showing off around humans he didn’t know. Another thing I should probably thank Kathryne for. I never had gotten along well with Damon.