Chapter Twenty-Two: It's Raining Men...

Glistening water was dripping off of my body, the drops quickly slipping away from my limbs, contributing to the steam from the hot water. Breath coming in short pants, I stared at the doorway, my hands clenched into tight fists. “This is no time to be a gentleman Adrian!” I knew there was a reason I hated chivalry.

Always ready to hold the contrary opinion, Adrian just couldn’t resist being an ass. “I beg to differ. Any time is a good time to be a gentleman.” He replied sweetly, thinly veiled amusement coloring his tone.

Who cared? I didn’t want to be kept waiting anymore! “Just stick it in, idiot!” What can I say? I’m an impatient person. Waiting had never been my strong suit.

“Now why should I do that?”

I’m going to hurt him. With a fire poker. “Because I’m dripping wet that’s why!” I was about to snap, and God help whoever was in the way of my fist when I did.

He chuckled, “And you want my help with that?” He asked skeptically.

“Adrian, just give me the Goddamn towel.” I growled, opening the bathroom door and sticking my head out. “I need to dry off.” I held my hand out expectantly, waiting for him to hand me the fluffy chunk of fabric.

Shaking his head, he tossed a big gray puff ball at me, smirking. “I’m taking all the credit for that.”

It took me a moment, but then it clicked. “Weren’t you just freaking out about seeing me without my clothing on?” I face palmed, annoyed. “You’re not supposed to switch from being a prude to being a pervert that fast.” Quickly drying myself off, I wrapped the towel around my chest. It went down to my knees. Perfect. Now I could grab some actual clothing.

“Yes, but teasing you is fun. Your face gets all pink and adorable.” Adrian replied cheekily. “It’s cute.”

I felt my face heat up. “You’re an ass.” Why was he being such a flirt all of a sudden? It was weird. I preferred being made fun of instead of flirted with. I felt...flustered. Yes, flustered was the word I was looking for. I wasn’t used to flirting.

Maybe it was more that I wasn’t used to people in general?

He smiled mysteriously and turned away, waving his hand in my direction. “Perhaps that is so.” He answered dryly. “Now dry off and get dressed before I decide to jump you.”

...Yeah, he’s still a giant pervert. Half-dashing, half-limping to my closet, I scoured the corner for something acceptable to use as nightwear, soon after finding a very large t-shirt I’d forgotten I had. It was one of those shirts that people gave you for attending events and such. On its’ back was an advertisement for some sports drink, and the front was blank. I threw it on along with a pair of underwear and jumped into my bed, pulling my blankets over me and resting my head in my fluffy pillows.

I fall asleep a lot in this book, don’t I? Yet another thing to fix later I suppose.

“I’m done.” I announced to no-one in particular, ready to crash. I was tired. Not too tired to argue, but tired enough to sleep.

Slowly circling back around to face me, Adrian watched me with his eyes narrowed, a glint of suspicion entering his fascinated blue eyes. “You dressed fast.”

Raising a brow, I rolled my eyes. “I’m wearing a T-shirt and underwear. They’re not that hard to put on. I’m going to bed, not a ball. I don’t need to dress up for it.” Was he thinking I was going to slip on some lingerie or something? Oh, he only wished. Even if I had lingerie, I wouldn’t have worn it. Sure, I enjoyed his company far more than I should, but I didn’t want to seduce him.

I’d considered buying lingerie once, when I was sixteen. However, I came to the conclusion that it was expensive and unnecessary. At the time, I had no-one I’d wanted to impress. Now, I had someone I didn’t need to impress.

Wait, why was I thinking about sexy clothing again? Dear God, I’m feeding my own paranoia. Maybe he’d thought I’d have issues getting my clothing on over my cast or something. Though considering that most of my wardrobe consisted of skirts and dresses, I doubted I’d ever have trouble with my clothing.

“Are you torturing me on purpose?” He asked, eyes widening slightly. His voice sounded a bit strained too, as if he were restraining himself.

I shrugged. “Hell if I know.” I replied wearily. “Nor do I particularly care.” I added as an afterthought. If he felt tortured by my blunt admissions, then it would just be revenge for him kissing me before. But that wouldn’t be my only revenge. Oh no, that little incident deserved much more than verbal teasing.

Hmm, I hadn’t baked any cookies in a while. Ahaha, that settled it. I was going to get up early tomorrow.

Oh so very early.

“You have that maniacal gleam in your eye. Should I be worried?”

Crap! Quickly now, pretend I’m not plotting anything evil or sinister! “I wouldn’t be. Just coming up with what to say to Sarah should she bother to bug me next week.” Yes, make other plans. That ought to work.

Adrian sighed. “I’m not leaving until tomorrow evening, so if it’s anything for Monday, keep it far, far away from me.” Hook, line and sinker.

I giggled. “So you’re allowed to be a jerk to me and I’m not allowed to scheme something in return? How mean.” I would have to be careful not to do anything too evil though. I didn’t want to make him too mad. He just had to learn that he couldn’t get away with kissing me after distracting me like he had!

“Yeah, you’re up to something.” He shook his head, frowning. “It better not be violent!”

If by violent he meant violently running back and forth at random intervals, then yes. It was going to be very violent. So violent it would put my dairy issues to shame.

--------------------

Author's Note: I had so much fun writing this. I'm going to get started on the next chapter soon, but I before I do, I have a question. Should I do it from Adrian's PoV? I want to do it that way because it's far more interesting that way. By interesting, I mean funny.

Well, to me at least.

I'm going to have so much fun.

Ciao!

C.A.P.S