Tale of Alisonella Wonderland

I woke up at dawn to birds singing at my window, but to my ears, it wasn't just tweeting; it was a conversation.

"Good morning! The sun is up! Wake up! Time to eat. Ashlynn is getting ready," said the birds.

"Good morning," I said back.

I got up and made my bed, which has always been a pet peeve of mine but Mrs.Cinder believes chores lead to good-mannered people. I respect Mrs.Cinder's orders because she has already done so much, taking me in because of my mother's wish to travel the world when I was just 6 years old. I still get letters from her from time to time but, I wish I could talk to Alistair my brother who chose to stay with the Blanc family in Wonderland not knowing a few days after the disaster that would occur.

There was a clink of glass slippers against the wood floor, and then Mrs. Cinder appeared in the doorway. She had dirty blonde hair, unlike Ashlynn's ginger locks. Mrs.Cinder was already dressed, which made me feel guilty that I was still not dressed.

"Chores, dear!" Mrs.Cinder said, leaning over to kiss the top of my head. "And then you should pack."

Although Mrs.Cinder was not my biological mother she has treated me like I was her own child ever since I got here and so has her husband, the King."Yes, Mrs.Cinder!"I said as enthusiastically as I could, still taken over by sleep.

I went into the bathroom and took a shower when I got out I found a cute outfit to wear before I put on an apron and then opened my closet door as wide as I could. Although I am not Cinderella's biological daughter living with them for 10 years has given me their undeniable love for shoes. Today I settled on a pair of strappy blue wedges and went to the kitchen to prepare the table.

I slid down the polished wood stairs and into the bustling kitchen, warmed by south-facing windows. The eco-friendly mansion was built from wood carefully harvested from the surrounding forest. The only things that excited the King, more than a good ball were sustainable logging practices.

I bumped into Ash, my sister for all intents and purposes, to see her holding a vegan porridge. "Good Morning, Ash"

"Hey Ella, I am going to drop this off to Auntie Step. The porridge is already prepared! I will meet you in the dining room soon."

As Ashlynn walked up the stairs I noticed that she had on the same teal strappy heels I was wearing. Ever since Ash and I met, we have always worn the same pair of shoes. Everyone jokes about it saying it is our sister from another tale bond.

"Nice shoes," I say just before she is out of sight. Ash quickly turns around just enough to send me a wink before going to see Auntie Step.

After Ash and I ate our breakfast, washed the dishes, and watered the plants, we both returned to our bedroom. We had to pack up for boarding school at Ever After High, and we hadn't even begun to pack. We both may have been hesitating just a bit.

While the other princesses at school shopped, chatted, and partied, Ashlynn and I worked at our after-school job at the Glass Slipper Shoe Store. And in our free moments, we usually fled to the nearest forest, just to feel whole again. Since we both work there we take different shifts and share one on Sunday mornings, which allows us to have some free time to hang out.

~🦋~

I finished packing with the help of a few animal friends just in time to peak my window and see my sister helping out the animals outside.

I turned back around to sit in a chair in my bedroom and fiddle with the locket my mother gave me before I escaped Wonderland. It was a circular locket that opened up to see a broken clock/compass on one side and a small picture of my family on the other. The locket was my mother's and her mother's before her, it means a great deal to my family. A small tear escaped my eye as I thought about how much I missed them. I sat there, daydreaming about wonderland and adventures before night fell.

After everyone went to sleep, I crept out of my window using a rope I stashed under my bed to scale down the palace walls and ran into the woods holding out a flashlight to see in the dark. Only Ashlynn knows about my frequent midnight strolls to the abandoned well in the woods and I know she would not tell anybody. What Ashlynn doesn't know is the huge wolf that watches me every night when I come to the well.