Love is cold for Thomas Shelby

I was 13 then but my parents still sent me to small heath to live with my Uncle Alfie he owns a bakery not too far from where we live he's my mother's brother. Plus he's also the only other family I have since my father was an only child. But I had no other choice so I left and never looked back. In 1910 I was 15 and was ready to finally settle down with the man Whom I would call mine and his name was Thomas Shelby. Thomas was a little bit older than me, but that didn't matter to me or him. I met Thomas when I first got to Small Heath not knowing he was "The reason why my brother was dead" he was so sweet and kind and after a few months of knowing each other he asked me to be his girlfriend just like that we were in love. But things happened and hearts were broken. We were in a field where he had us a picnic set up for our aniversery of a year, but I had some news for him that was going to hurt the both of us. "Brooke darling come on Its just up a bit further love" Thomas said as he guides me to where we were going. he had me blindfolded so I couldn't see anything as he holds my hands. "Thomas Please I have something to tell you It's important" I said as he stops us and then he takes the blindfold me. I look to see this small little picnic for two and I'm in complete awe that he went through all this trouble to do this for me. "Do you like it?" "Oh my goodness Tommy love it beautiful Thank you" "Well of course anything for my beautiful girl" he said as we sat down and ate lunch. After about an hour later of talking and eating he said "Love do me a favor and go stand by the old pine tree right there please and close my eyes so I did as I was told to do. I could sense he was in front of me "Okay you can open your eyes now darling" He said as I saw him down on one knee and said "Brooklyn Rose Anders Over the past year I've known you has been the best year of my life especially since I came back from the war you've brought me so much happiness in one year more than anyone has ever brought me in a lifetime. Will you do me the honor and make me the happiest man in the world and become my wife he says as he pulls out of his waist coat the ring (AN: Picture above) I started crying but There's no turning back now "No I can't Tommy I'm so sorry I can't marry you" I said as I started crying harder because of the pain I've just caused him. "But the other day you said You wanted to marry me You wanted to settle down with me what changed your mind?" he asked more hurt than ever "I can't marry you because I'm leaving and I don't know when or if I'll ever be back I don't want to leave you but I have to Tommy" I said crying more he comes closer to me then he wraps his arms around my waist as I do the same around his neck. "I love you Thomas Shelby more that anything maybe some day I'll come back We'll settle down for real" "And I love you Brooklyn Anders I hope that someday comes soon" and we shared one last passionate kiss before I left for the train station.