Sixth

Alec had fallen asleep but Magnus couldn't. He lay there, his eyes wide open and stared to the dark ceiling.

Last night he'd fallen asleep next to Alec's bed because he'd been too tired but now he was wide awake.

Slowly he turned his fingers in front of his eyes.

Normally, when he couldn't sleep after Azazel had switched him with Valentin and the agony rune showed him his worst memories, he would lay next to Alec, twisting a little ball of his magic between his fingers, listening to Alec's adorable little snores, waiting for the morning to come.

But now he had no magic left to distract himself and Alec was sleeping silently.

Magnus tilted his head to watch him.

He looked so good. Even though Magnus could only see his shoulders because Alec did not face him, but Magnus knew exactly how he looked in his sleep.

His eyes closed, the black eyelashes almost touching his cheeks, his mouth slightly opened while he nuzzled his head against the pillow.

Magnus pulled himself up on one elbow and leaned over to run his fingers through Alec's fuzzy hair.

Alec mumbled softly and pulled the blanket closer.

Magnus smiled.

Maybe Alec was the strong, calculated solider he seemed to be when he was on mission or with his siblings but with Magnus he was so warm, so soft ... so different.

Magnus loved how he seemed to bring up a side of Alec only he was allowed to see. He loved having the privilege to be the one Alec loved.

But would he still love him when Magnus told him about the loss of his magic?

Would he stick with him even though Magnus wasn't that fancy, sassy warlock anymore?

When he wasn't useful anymore?

Magnus let himself fall back into the pillow and pressed his hands on his temples. He couldn't take this thoughts anymore.

Hasty, he pushed back the blanket and got up. He had to do something. Even though he did not know what, just anything to distract himself from his own mind.