Seventh

Alec yawned.

Sleepily, he turned around and reached out for Magnus, his eyes still closed, but all he found was an empty, cold bed.

Confused, he opened his eyes and looked around.

Magnus wasn’t there.

Worried, he narrowed his eyes. It’s been a while since the last time he’d woken up to an empty bed.

“Magnus?”, he asked with his voice husky from sleep while he sat up.

Sighing he slipped to his feet and made his way to the living room.

Magnus was sitting on the couch, holding a cup of coffee in his hand, and gazed at nothing.

“Magnus.”

Magnus blinked at him and smiled happily.

“Well, good morning, Alexander.”, he greeted Alec and got up.

He slightly kissed Alec and stroke softly over his cheek.

“How are you feeling?”

Alec raised one eyebrow.

“I’m good. How are you?”, he wanted to know.

Magnus’ behavior was strange. Since Alec had woken up, after he'd been injured, Magnus acted different.

“You want breakfast? Coffee?”, Magnus asked, ignoring his question.

Alec looked at Magnus questioningly.

“Coffee, thanks.”

Magnus turned away to enter the kitchen.

Alec followed him, watching every movement he made. Something was different, something seemed wrong. Magnus was not himself.

Magnus stretched out to reach the cups in the cupboard and pressed the button on the coffee maker. Then he turned around to smile at Alec softly.

“Are you sure you are ok?”, Alec asked his boyfriend and stepped closer to pull him near.

“Yeah. I’m good. Why do you keep asking?”, Magnus grinned and twitched Alec’s shirt with his fingers.

“It’s just … you’re acting weird.”, Alec sighed.

Magnus thought about it for a short time.

“I guess I’m still not over the whole you almost dying thing. Don’t you worry, I’ll be fine.”, he smiled softly and pressed a short kiss on his boyfriends lips.

Alec hummed satisfied and pulled him close.