Swirling Colors

Nico could hear Will calling his name, but he kept walking. He turned many corners, hoping to lose the blond. Nico was basically on autopilot, turning corner to corner, not knowing where he was going.

     The Italian relaxed once he couldn't hear Will anymore. He kept walking with his head down until he was shoved.

     “What are you doing here?” A voice sneered. Nico looked up to see a boy who looked similar to Will, but he was skinnier and more menacing. The skeletal blond looked down at Nico and narrowed his eyes.

     “I asked you a question.” The tall boy hissed. The shorter boy backed up and started to talk

     “Well- 

     “Spit it out.” The lanky version of Will asked. 

     Well I was going to. Nico thought. The thing was, Nico didn't know what to spit out. He didn't know what to say. ‘I was running away from a way better looking version of you’? Nico cringed. That wasn't a good thing to say to someone who might have a chance of pummeling him.

    Nico was pulled from his thoughts by a hand yanking harshly at his hair, his body slammed into a locker.

     “I said, spit it out. ” The pale blond jeered loudly. Nico narrowed his eyes at him, about to kick him in the balls.

    “Nico!” A voice shouted from across the hallway. He saw Will sprinting to him with a deadly expression.

     “Octavian.” Will said, tone different from his normal cheeriness. The so called Octavian let go of Nico. The kind-eyed blond looked at Nico and his eyes softened. Will turned to glare at Octavian.

     “I believe Reyna will hear about this.” Nico could see the cruel boy pale. Octavian looked at Will with scorn and skulked away.

    Will turned back to Nico. “Did he hurt you anywhere?” The blue eyed boy’s eyes scanned over Nico. The boy in question shook his head. He could see Will relax.

     “Don't run off like that, you could get seriously hurt!” Will reprimanded. The Italian boy rolled his eyes.

     “Solace, I’m fine." The blond didn't look very reassured, he sighed and ruffled Nico’s hair. Nico pouted at him then batted his hand away with a huff. He saw Will melt at his actions for some reason.

    Nico saw Will open his arms. The dark haired boy looked at him confused.

     “It looks like you need a hug.” The blond said softly. Nico slowly came up to him, tense. He felt arms wrap around him as he stood still.

      “You know,” Will started, “You should probably hug back, or this will be more awkward than it already is.” Nico grumbled against Will’s chest and reluctantly hugged back.

     “Let’s go back to the cafeteria.” The tall boy told him.

    Once they were at the lunchroom again, Nico saw Drew narrow her eyes at him. They sat down at their original spots. Nico slumped down as he watched Drew basically eat Will’s face in front of everyone. He hid his face in his arms and reimagined Will hugging him.