Fuck the Ocean

"Solace, this is a fucking beach," Nico groaned.

"Why are you never pleased with anything I do?" Will sighed lightly.

"It's because you suck." The grumpy boy replies.

"I also swallow, if ya' want." The blond winked. Nico's face went red from his bluntness.

They walked down to the sandy ground and ocean. Nico looked around the semi-crowded place only to realize they had nothing you would usually bring to the beach.

"Solace," Nico began "Did you bring anything for the beach?" Will seemed to pause in his movement before saying,

"I brought good looking people." He points his thumbs at him and Nico. Nico huffed in annoyance.

"Don't lie." He said as he looked away.

"I didn't, you're adorable, Nico." Will says as he pinches Nico's now red cheek.

"I know, I'm fucking fabulous, I'm talking about how you're lying to yourself, Solace." He sassily smirked. You're not "good looking", you're so hot it might actually melt me. He thinks.

Will brushed his sassiness off with a chuckle and started heading towards a decently sized clear spot in the sand, Nico trailing behind.

The beach was mildly crowded. People were running around with surfboards, plastic shovels, and blankets. Sandcastles were being built and trampled on. Waves were crashing and retreating, while surfers glided on them. It was moderately windy, so Nico watched people's lightweight items get carried away with the wind.

Stepping onto the sand barefooted, Nico quickly realized it was not as soft as it looked. Not wanting to destroy his shoes with sand, he briskly walked to the softer sand—which was next to the ocean.

Once he got there, he sighed in relief, feeling the dough-like sand squish under his feet. The dark haired boy waited for Will to get to him, so he stood there, watching the ocean. The smell of the ocean calmed him in a peculiar way. His hair whipped in his face as he tried not to accidentally choke on it.

After a few seconds, he noticed Will was staring at him. Making a noise of surprise, he stood there with a red face.

"AH––hey Will––how long have you been standing there?" Nico asked sheepishly.

"More than I'd like to admit." Will muttered under his breath.

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

Still confused, Nico looked at Will's red face. Looking down, Nico saw Will had brought a towel.

"Where did you get that towel?" Nico asked.

"I got it from the trunk."

Nodding, he hesitantly grabbed Will's hand and dragged him around the beach to find a clear spot.

Pretend this is normal, you're just holding ha- fuck that's is definitely sounds very "not platonic". Friends do this right? Yeah, frien- I want to kiss him. Nico rants in his head as he skittishly jogged around the beach with Will.

They found a spot that had a nice view of the ocean, and some girls who were taking selfies. Nico slowly let go of Will's hand, much to his disappointment. Will set down the towel while Nico realized something.

"What are we gonna wear in the water?" He asked.

"Just take off your shirt."

What about our pants? Nico thought, but then he saw Will take off his shirt.

Holy fuck.

It seems that was what the people around them thought also as they saw Will shirtless. Some girls thought it was a great idea to come up to him, making Nico more uncomfortable. As they were flirting with him, Nico was a subject to his own thoughts.

I don't want to take my shirt off. Not like this. He looked down at his arms, he was skinny, he'll admit that. His fast metabolism has some play in it. It was mostly the fact that he doesn't leave his bed much. He doesn't leave to eat, he just waits for he hunger to simmer down so he can continue what he was doing. If the hunger was too much, he'd eat in large quantities or snack a bit somewhere within a day or two.

He'd seen the looks people gave him, he knew. He wasn't the most pleasing to look at. His attitude wasn't the best. Maybe it was his inability to talk to people without worrying how they'll view him. Giving up trying to please people was a good choice in his mind, might not have been a good choice for his social status, but he couldn't give less fucks.

Fiddling with the hem of his shirt, he sighed and walked off to the store on the edge of the beach.

~~~

The store was a snack shop with the occasional souvenir or kid toys up for sale. Walking around the quiet shop, he found something that made him stop in his tracks.

A mythomagic deck of cards completed with the figurines.

Just looking at it made Nico feel slight melancholy and joy. Snatching it from the shelf along with some skittles, he went up to the cash register.

Leaving the store with his items in hand, he went back to him and Will's spot. Walking to their spot, he saw a girl getting a bit handsy with Will. Jealousy coiling in his gut, he looked away. This is what I get for having a handsome soulmate. Nico broods. He felt a hand on his shoulder. Whipping around, he sees a boy about his age.

"Hey cutie." The boy winked.

The fuck? Nico looked around to see who he was talking about. Because I'm sure as hell it can't be me. Who the hell is he anyway?

The boy in question laughed. "So adorable." He smirked as he tried to put his hand under Nico's chin, but Nico moved his face out of the way.

"Who the fuck are you?" Nico spoke his thoughts rather harshly.

"Someone who wants to take you on a date." He said rather flirtatiously, making Nico embarrassed and uncomfortable.

"I don't really know you so uhm—"

"Then let's get to know each other." He doesn't seem to get the hint.

Nico was internally screeching. Millions of responses in his head. Please fuck off and stop, it's bothersome me. He finalized his response. Immediately after coming up with a response, he blurted it out rather suddenly, even he couldn't really keep up with it.

"Please stop and fuck me, it's bothersome."

A pause.

Shitshitshitshitshit fuck no that's not—let's hit him with my mythomagic figurines—wait what if he's into tha- His thoughts were stopped with a chuckle from the taller boy.

"Well if you insist."

"That's not what I meant to say." Nico insisted, clutching his bought items. The boy rose an eyebrow.

"Oh really?" Nico nodded vigorously.

"Well, soon you'll be saying that." He smirked, and grabbed Nico's wrist.

Way over the line of uncomfortable, he yanked his hand away.

"Leave me alone," he said "If this is your way of asking people on a date then this is one of the many reasons you're single." The accused boy scowled.

"Just one date," he insisted "C'mon, it's not that bad."

"Well maybe, you should leave him the fuck alone." A new voice said as an arm wrapped around Nico's middle.

Nico, filled with relief that made his knees weak, saw Will glaring at the persistently annoying boy. Will's grip tightened for a second before talking again.

"Stop harassing people, you anemic son of a bitch." He said as he dragged Nico back to their spot.