Respite

Nico was exhausted, emotionally. Will was ignoring him for a reason regarding his soulmate—which was quite ironic. It all happened on Monday, which means that it would be on repeat for two more days unless Nico does something about it. Although, he attempted to, attempted.

Sitting outside during free-time between classes was Nico's go-to thing now. He huffed, biting his extremely unhealthy burger he secretly bought from McDonald's. Leaning his back against the wall, he looked up at the sky, sun in his eyes.

"Well this is just sad," A voice said from above.

Nico squinted, the sun blinding him. "God?" He whispered, putting his hands above his eyes. A blurry figure came about.

"No, idiot." The figure shifted, blocking the sun from Nico's eyes. "It's me."

Who Nico saw shocked him. In all their imperious glory, stood Drew Tanaka, arms crossed and eyebrow raised. She huffed as his eyes widened.

"Drew?" Nico spoke disbelievingly. "Why are you here?" There were several reasons why Drew should avoid him, or not talk to him at all. Why is she here now?

Drew clicked her tongue. "Yes, talk to me like I was a goddess, keep that up." She moved to sit next to Nico. "Let's cut to the chase," she rested her chin on the back of her hand, elbow dug into her knee, "Will ignoring you is completely, utterly bullshit."

While Nico agreed with her, he didn't necessarily have a solid reason other than he didn't know why. "What do you mean?"

Flipping her hair behind her, she explained. "I've seen the way he looks at you. He's been trying to talk to you since forever." Eyes looking to Nico, who in return gave a stunned gaze. "'He looks so sad,'" she quoted, imitating Will, "'do you think if I took him out for lunch he would smile at me?'" Drew scoffed, slightly laughing with it. "Not to mention the fact that he always gravitated towards you when he saw you."

Everything Drew had told him astonished Nico. Will actually said that? After a slight pause, Nico met Drew's eyes. "But...why would you let me him that? Weren't you two dating?"

Raising an eyebrow, she narrowed her eyes, yet, it wasn't in an unkind matter. "I know. But it was only a matter of time."

"What do you mean?"

Shifting her weight, she walked farther away. "Just a matter of time before the truth was revealed."

Again, Nico furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. As if Drew was sensing his confusion, she reiterated.

"Just a matter of time before he realized I wasn't his soulmate."

~~~

Still struck by the newfound revelation, Nico was in a slight daze throughout the school day. Many had noticed. Those "many" being Hazel, Percy, and Jason. He brushed them off with a short and curt, "I'm fine," and then he walked off.

Apparently, this caught the attention of a certain someone. A certain...intimidating someone, who was currently standing right in front of him.

"Your behavior is lacking." Reyna bluntly stated, face blank.

"Gee," Nico drawled sarcastically, "thanks."

"I didn't mean it like that." She quickly responded, voice still calm. "You are acting different." She seemed to realize something, narrowing her eyes. "It's that Solace boy, isn't it."

Her getting it so quickly gave Nico whiplash. He coughed, sending her a look that screamed, 'Why are you doing this?"

"You are one of the top students in both Language Arts and Art. As the Student Council president I must remove an obstacle that stands in the way of my schoolmates learning." She asserts firmly, standing straight.