The Day

The constant beeping of the alarm had made Nico unwillingly wake up. He groaned and rolled off the bed and onto the floor, making his way to the bathroom.

   After brushing his teeth, a loud ping from his phone had startled Nico from his drowsy state. He grabbed his phone and opened up the message.

Will Solace:

Hey Nico, I got your address from Hazel, I’m in front of your house

    With wide eyes, he rushed into his closet and messily got ready. Nico shuffled and threw his clothes everywhere, looking for an outfit.

    Black and black, black and black, He thought to himself as he rummaged through his diverse wardrobe of black clothing. Settling on a rare dark blue sweatshirt and black jeans, he ran out of his room and to the front door.

    He stumbled down the stairs and almost face-planted into the door. Nico opened the door, which revealed a smiling Will Solace, who looked too good for his eyes.

    “How nice of you to come.” Will said to him teasingly. Nico blushed and rolled his eyes at him, scowling slightly as a hint of a smirk grew on the blond’s face. Swatting at the smug blond, he walked to the car.

    Getting into the car, Will looked over to the short Italian. “Where do you want to eat?” He asked.

    “McDonald's.” Nico replied briefly.

    “Are you sure?” Will rants, “The food there is definitely made out of questionable things. Not to mention it’s miles away from being healthier than food at your house.”

    “But the food at my house is always McDonald's.” The dark haired boy states, slightly confused.

    The blond’s head whips around so fast Nico thought he heard a crack.

    “What?” Will says shocked and slightly menacing, “Are you okay? Your health must be terrible! Come here let me check-”

    “Solace, I'm fine!” Nico reassures hastily, “I just like McDonald's.” He grumbles as he looks out the window. The thick waves of disappointment coming from Will’s direction kept hitting him but he kept up his persistent act. He glued his eyes to the still scenery of the parked car’s window and kept his mouth shut.

    “We’re going to eat somewhere healthier.” Will voices, his statement left with no room for protests. The grumpy Italian just huffs and leans his cheek onto the window. He heard a chuckle from Will’s direction as they drove off.

~~~

    “A café?” Nico rose his eyebrow, “That’s your idea of ‘healthy food’?” The pale boy looks at the tanned boy, putting his hands into air quotes.

    “It’s better than McDonald’s so your argument is invalid.” Will declares sassily. He rolls his eyes for the umpteenth time and walks inside.

   “You’re not my doctor, Solace.” Nico says as he walks off. He hears pattering footsteps behind him as Will catches up.

    The café is painted wall to wall with mauve paint and indented patterns. The vertically long arched topped windows are covered with white translucent lace cafe curtains. Polished wood cover the floors and modern chandeliers hang from the ceiling. Wooden heart tables draped in ivory white lace tablecloth symmetrically line up near the walls and to the center. The tables are paired up with two to four lavender Bergere chairs.  The register is aligned with glass bakery displays filled with delectable looking treats. The atmosphere is serene, yet slightly motivating in a sense.