Smiles

Nico was surprised, to say the least. He didn't Will would defend him to that extent. A bit red in the face, he walked with Will to their spot.

      "Are you okay, Nico?" Will asked, concerned. Nico rolled his eyes. He as obviously fine. Felt harassed, yes, but it's not like he traumatized him. Okay he might have a little, but still. He said in his mind, pursing his lips. Still surprised by Will's "protectiveness", Nico couldn't help but feel a bit smug.

      Sighing, he said, "It's fine, Solace, let's go do "beachy" stuff or whatever." He threw his arms up, signaling Will should suggest something.

      "Yeah yeah, or whatever," Will said in a fond tone, "Let's build something out of sand!" The blond grinned excitedly.

       "Like...castles?" Nico rose his eyebrow.

      Will groaned, "No, no. Like, uh, statues of ourselves?"

       "Sand falls, it not as structural or firm as you think, Solace. We don't even have the right tools" He said as he tilted his head.

      "We could try."

      "You are the person who says the glass is half full, huh?"

      Will looked sheepish. "Maybe."

      They got to work on their sand statues. While working, Nico made a discovery. Although being good at traditional art, he sucks at sculpting. He tried and tried again, before coming up with an idea.

      "Are we making sculptures of ourselves?" Nico asked.

      He heard Will's voice. "Pretty sure, since that's what I'm doing."

      Nico hummed in acknowledgment.

      Gathering wet sand, he got to work. He started piling sand in a ring formation, smoothing it over on the outside and side. After one layer of sand dried, he piled on another layer. Doing this until it was up to the top of his thigh. He started working on an area close to his new creation. Putting sand into a circular shape, he made a small square bracket shaped bridge on top.

      Going back to the first creation, he took a plastic shovel and started carefully carved thick line indents all around. Nico added some lines at the top that went all around the cylinder-shaped sculpture. Plastic shovel in hand, he worked on the inside of the sculpture. He smoothed the inside carefully. Grabbing some wet sand, he waited for it to harden. Carving and making bumps into the almost sphere shaped mound. Doing this a couple of times with different small mounds, he carefully placed them into the empty cylinder.

      Looking at his finished creation, he told Will he was done.

      "Good!" The blond said, "Let's show each other."

      Nico nodded in agreement, "Yours first."

      Will's wasn't standing. It was a deformed-shaped human laying the sand with a smiley face carved into what looked like was the head. Nico looked at Will.

      "Alright," He defended, "Just because I'm good at human anatomy does not mean I'm good at creating them." Nico scoffed in return.

      Will began again, "Let's see yours now."

      Nico led him to his creation. With very unenthusiastic jazz hands, he showed off his creation. Will scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion.

      "Uh, Nico?" He questioned, "I thought we were doing sculptures of ourselves?"

      "I did." Nico said. He pointed to his creation. "Trash."