Long Time No See

The Ringmaster did not fire a single bullet. The Raven was right in front of him at lightning speed. He redirected his hand, so that when the gun went off, the bullet went harmlessly into the air. The people screamed and began to flee. "Stark! Did you get the part about the Circus of Crime pulling off their heist right now?!" Natasha asked Tony.

"Yep! We're already on it! Gee! That kid must be some magician!" Tony said from his end.

"I think he's more than just some magician," Thor said as he and Steve jumped down to the dirt area in the center. The Raven turned to look at them, but his hood remained up.

The Ringmaster turned and shouted, "Bruto! Gambonnos! Rajah!" The Avengers joined the Raven and watched as their enemies surrounded them.

"You're not bad. Want to put those skills of yours to good use?" Natasha asked the Raven. The sorcerer cocked his head to one side as he contemplated her question.

"I think my gifts would be put to better use outside the web of SHIELD," he said and this made the Avengers frown.

"How did you-?" Steve started to ask, but that was when Rajah's elephant came charging. The Raven turned and ran toward the creature. The animal tried to squish him with its trunk, but the Raven jumped up and kicked Rajah from his perch on the beast's head. Thor summoned Mjolnir and then threw it at Bruto. The hammer hit the strong man in the chest and he fell. The Raven saw Bruto fall, but he knew what would come next. He took hold of the elephant's harness and guided him towards the strong man. Bruto looked up and then took hold of one of the chairs. He threw it up at the Raven and the Raven leaned back and the chair missed him. Using his magic, he guided the chair that it hit one of the Great Gambonnos. Natasha fired at the second one, but the Raven took him down by manipulating a rope to catch hold of him. He strung him upside down from the ceiling and flung popcorn at him for sport. A gun shot did ring out, and the Raven doubled over, one hand pressing against his arm.

When he turned on the Ringmaster, his hood had fallen away from his face. Thor, Steve, and Natasha saw a teenage boy, no older than sixteen or seventeen. His green eyes sparkled like emeralds and his hair was jet black, but short. His pale skin and young features belied the strength he had.

"Loki!" Thor exclaimed. The Ringmaster's eyes widened visibly when he heard the Raven's real name, and he tried to escape, but Loki caught him in his magical grasp.

"Loki don't! You'll kill him!" Steve exclaimed. Natasha ran over to their one-time charge, and her arms encircled him. Loki was visibly startled and he let Ringmaster go. Bruto caught his boss, but that was when the Hulk came falling in from the sky and smashed him to the ground. Iron Man came in right after, followed by Hawkeye. Natasha could not help herself at this point. She held onto Loki tightly and actually cried into his shoulder. She held him so tight, that she hurt his arm, but her touch reminded Loki of when she used to train him. He used to get bruises and scrapes, and she would always take care of him afterwards. He had gotten used to the touch of her hand as she took care of his injuries. It was like an old memory had resurfaced at that moment. Loki finally pushed Natasha away and turned around to face them all. His eyes were glassy as he restrained his tears. Iron Man, the Hulk, Hawkeye, Thor, Captain America, and the Black Widow looked with fondness on the god. After six long years, they had finally found him!

"We've missed you so much!" Clint said, using enthusiasm to hide a mountain of emotion building up inside of him. Loki looked back at Iron Man when Tony raised his helmet.

"You've matured nicely. So, this is what you looked like as a teenager. Lady killer!" Tony told him with pride. Loki's green eyes then flitted to Thor. The God of Thunder was speechless with joy. No words could properly express his feelings at that moment.

"You all think nice words are going to convince me to come back sooner?" Loki asked them, sounding more cutting than he meant to. Everyone got a hurt expression on their faces. Loki's mouth crimped up as he had not meant to sound so sharp.

"We're just very happy to see you," Steve said. "You said you needed space, but, we didn't think it would last six years." Loki's eyes went from one person to another. They had different eyes, but the expression they all bore was the same. They had genuinely missed him. Loki dared to enter their heads and see what they were thinking.

He looks so well! Healthy, handsome, and strong! At least he's been taking good care of himself all these years, Loki got from Steve's mind.

Please he's not still sore! Six years is too long a penance in my mind, Tony thought as he smiled at him.

Hope his thumbs still have what they had six years ago. I do miss a good Xbox challenge, Clint wondered.

"Enough!" Loki shouted and he teleported himself to his trailer. Once inside, he grabbed only the most important stuff: money, some clothes, a backpack, and the Norse book. Picking up his skateboard, Loki left the circus, not looking over his shoulder. His head giving him reasons, but his heart screaming at him to go back. They're your family! Never forget what they did for you!