Dokkalfar Attacks

Darcy dragged him to the cafeteria, and some of the agents gave them weird looks as she slapped a tray into his chest, and then got them in the lunch line. Darcy picked out everything that went on Loki's tray: a salad, ham sandwich, a glass of milk, and a bowl of sliced peaches. Darcy then grabbed something very similar, and then took them over to a corner table. "You've got to tell me what happened in Africa!" she said, right before she took a huge bight out of her sandwich. Loki looked down at his tray, and poked a peach with his fork. "Come on! The God of Mischief should not be modest," she urged and Loki chuckled.

"Bandits were plaguing their village. Stealing food, money, their girls. It was a disaster until I arrived. I rescued some women who had been taken, and when the bandits came to the village to seek revenge, I just put a few in the ground and sent the rest packing. No biggie," Loki answered.

"No biggie?! You rescued at least ten girls and saved a village of over 100 people!" Darcy exclaimed and Loki shrugged. He remembered so many of the girls thanking him in Swahili. Being a master of languages, he thanked them in their native tongue. Loki smiled fondly at that memory, until he noticed Darcy giving him a dreamy eyed look.

"What?" he asked her, thinking that she saw something funny about him.

"You're really cute when you stare off into space," Darcy responded rather absentmindedly. Loki frowned, his nose wrinkling up in an adorable way and Darcy giggled. Loki found himself smiling, and his heart pounding in his chest.

Please! I've bedded better women than her! Ikol said. Loki wanted to scream at him, but, instead, he just winked at Darcy. He knew Ikol would be pissed off. She turned a soft pink, but that was when an alarm went off somewhere, and the agents left the room.

"What's happening?" Darcy asked as they stood up.

"I don't know, but I suggest that we get to the bridge fast! Arriba!" Loki said, taking hold of Darcy's wrist and teleporting the both of them. When they reappeared, in such close quarters, a few of the Avengers gave Loki amused looks. He let go of Darcy and walked over to Thor and Fury. "What's going on?" he asked.

"Something's taken over our systems and is shutting out engines down. If we don't get them back online, we'll crash," Coulson said as the technicians typed frantically. Loki looked out the front of the ship and saw they were over land, populated areas were beneath them. Loki closed his eyes and focused on the engines. He saw them in his mind's eye, and saw that magic was messing them up. Concentrating, he began to turn them back on.

"The engines are cooperating sir!" a tech told Fury and the director looked at Loki. The door to the bridge opened, and Jane rushed in followed by Erik. Loki completed his task and turned around.

"We're good," he said, but that was when a wave of blue magic shot through the bridge, knocking people over and damaging the equipment. Both Darcy and Jane were pulled off of the ground and the Avengers leapt after them, but missed.

"You can't save the both of them. Who do you choose Laufeyson?!" Dokkalfar's voice asked. That was when both Jane and Darcy went flying through the glass and out of the ship. They started to fall and they heard their screaming. Thor summoned Mjolnir, but Loki was already out of the ship. He saw the both of them falling, and then he teleported himself to Darcy. He grabbed her and sent her back to the ship. When he turned to Jane, she had disappeared.

"Jane!" Loki called, but he heard no response, just a snickering in his head.

"Like I said, you could only save one and you chose the intern," Dokkalfar said.

"No! I will save her!" Loki shouted, before he forced his way into Dokkalfar's mind and found where he had moved Jane. Loki then teleported himself to fifty feet above a street in New York. Jane was screaming so loud, but he reached her, wrapped his arms around her, and teleported them back to the SHIELD hellicarrier. When they landed on the bridge, the wind had been knocked out of the both of them. Jane rolled off of Loki and saw him just lying there, staring up at the ceiling. "I never realized how fascinating it was," Loki remarked and a few people chuckled.

"Jane! Are you alright?" Thor asked as he pulled her into his embrace. Jane told him she was fine and then she looked back at Loki. Clint helped him to his feet and slapped him on the back. Darcy walked up, more like wobbled up, and put her glasses on.

"I was wrong. You're even cuter when you're saving someone," she said randomly. Loki chuckled and folded his arms across his chest while everyone else laughed. However, that was when Tony heard a message transmitted to his comm. He listened to it, then turned around, his eyes wide.

"Jarvis just told me some bad news. While we were focused on all this hellicarrier shit, Dokkalfar broke into the tower and into my private vault. He trashed the place, but Jarvis was able to find what was taken," Tony said and everyone looked at him, waiting anxiously for him to tell them. He looked at Loki before he finished. "He took Loki's helmet!" Loki's eyes widened and he looked out the main windows. Robots were quickly fixing them, so there was a buzz in the room. Only those near him heard his next words.

"My helmet is the tether that keeps me in this form. Dokkalfar can do one of two things: put the helmet on and control me; or, destroy the helmet, and kill me!"