6: I Couldn't Care Less

When I got home the first thing I heard is my parents arguing, again.

I've already gotten used to my parents arguing whenever I got home. Whenever I would come near them they would lower their voices to whispers but still arguing nonetheless. It didn't bother me much anymore.

When I entered the kitchen both my parents had frowns plastered on their faces. Both of them looked restless and I wondered if they ever slept at all after work.

The air felt thick, almost suffocating.

"What's wrong?" I asked with my brows furrowed.

My mom opens her mouth to say something but quickly shuts it after.

Finally, my dad speaks. "We're getting a divorce."

My jaw drops open. No fucking way!

Even though I couldn't care less if they kept on shouting at each other, I thought it was just normal with couples but now this?

My mother is a very outgoing person and fun to be with, albeit rude and controlling at times. I always enjoy her company even though sometimes I get moody and brush her away. My father is a quiet person and I sometimes wonder if its because he's shy or just plain serious all the time.

Both of them look cute together and during dinner my mom would crack jokes and my father would have a light grin. But that was before all this. I could never imagine life without both of them and their marriage would just go to waste.

"Why?" My voice so low it came out as a mere whisper.

My father looked pained seeing me like this and he looked away.

"It's just not working anymore." My father sighs and his lips pressed together.

My mother looked like she couldn't stand it anymore as she sits down on the stool by the island counter and erupted into sobs.

My mother is a strong woman. I've seen her work her ass off and I'm grateful for have a mother like her. I know that this affects her greatly and I can see it in her eyes that she loves my father.

"Why?" I asked again.

"What do you mean why?"

"Why? Why is it not working anymore? Both of you guys has been in your ups and downs, you both look great together and now you're going to tell me a bullshit of a reason?" I almost screamed the last part in frustration.

My father flinched from my sudden outburst as my mother remained silently crying. They didn't care that said a cuss word and they didn't bother to show it.

My father bowed his head down and remained silent.

"This is bullshit." I stormed out of the kitchen and went up the stairs. Before I could slam the door sut I heard my mother call after me.

"There's still another thing we have to discuss." I could hear her strained voice as she called after me.

I didn't bother to go back down as I slammed my door shut and I laid on my bed silently staring at the ceiling.

I won't let them do this to themselves. There's still something behind this and it's obvious enough.

One of them did something wrong and I want to find out who and what happened.

I closed my eyes shut just as I heard my phone ringing on my bedside table. I groaned and reached for my phone.

"Hello." My voice became rough already and I didn't bother clearing my throat. Whoever this person was, he or she should have a good reason why they're calling me in such a horrendous hour.