14: Feels Like It

We stayed there wrapped up against each other's embrace with Sean's arm still around me as I silently cried against his chest.

"Jake, the captain of the football team was once rumored to have a crush on me during freshman year. At first I thought it was only rumors but he came up to me one day. He told me I was beautiful and being the stupid fool I am about love that time, I fell for it. Little did I know that he had an evil plan. I came to school one day and the stench of something dead hit me once I came nearer to my locker. When I opened it I found the dead body of a rabbit all over my books. I fainted on the spot but before I could be engulfed by complete darkness I saw Jake leaning by my locker laughing uncontrollably. We weren't in a relationship but he kept telling me he was into me. But I no longer felt like it when the pranks started. The first few times I laughed but by the time Jake's friends joined, it turned into bullying. They would sometimes throw their bag of chips at me or 'accidentally' spill drinks on my books. It wasn't a healthy relationship and thinking about it now, he never actually liked me. He just wanted to hurt my feelings."

I sighed, suddenly breathless from all the talking.

I leaned my head back to look at Sean who stared off to nowhere with an impassive look on his face.

"Are you even listening?" I asked frustrated. I was talking for hours now, note the sarcasm.

"Of course I was listening and I'm so damn angry." He says with a harsher tone.

"Because I liked Jake or because I was bullied?" I ask him in a rather sweet tone whilst adding a wide grin for extra effect.

Sean huffs. "The first one more than the other"

I rolled my eyes. "Wow, how considerate of you."

He pulled me closer to him muttering in my ear "I'm sorry, I just thought of you being with 'him'" he said 'him' with so much venom I almost felt sorry for Jake, but then I remembered I was supposed to hate the guy."

Sean was still clinging on to me tightly might I add; maybe he thought I was still mad. This ought to be fun.

He looked down at me with an arched eyebrow. "What?" I asked, suddenly feeling self conscious. I just realized something; I must look like a hot mess right now, minus the hot.

"Nothing, you still look good even when you cry."

I hugged him closer "Thanks, I guess." I mumbled into his now soaked shirt. Then I remembered something he said.

"So about being pissed that I liked Jake before" I had a grin on my face, he shrugged "I'm a very possessive guy." He told me with the utmost confidence but I still noticed the light blush on his cheeks. Hmm, Sean Gilbert just blushed.

"You do recall that we aren't a couple yet right?" I asked innocently.

"I did!" He bellowed and I would've cringed if it weren't for the situation.

"No you didn't because I didn't approve of it" I smirked.

"So? What's the point anyway? I know you'll say no." He argued. He did have a point. I'll give him that but still.

"Maybe, but relationships work both ways." My smirk widened as he looked troubled to make a good comeback.

"Face it. It's not official yet." I say looking anywhere but him. "Unless..."

"Unless what?"

"Unless you're willing to stop being a potential STD magnet" I hide a smirk but failed.

"Okay." He says bluntly.

"Okay?" I tilted my head to the side and scanned his face.

"Okay. Do your ears even work properly?" He almost snaps while trying to hide his annoyance. His scrunched up eyebrows says otherwise.

I giggled. I actually freakin giggled.

That is so not like me. One second I was feeling like crap and now I'm giggly. Am I turning bipolar now? I hope not.

"No it's just that I was kidding." I mumbled while trying to process everything.

Did he just say that he would avoid girls now?

I internally shook my head. That would never happen.

"Stop looking at me funny" Sean says, really annoyed now.

"I can't help it, you look cute when you're annoyed." I grin sheepishly.

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?"

I shrug. "But it was my line. I just said it."

"So? The boy should be the one to say that to the girl." He protested.

"Is that so?" I mocked a thinking position. "Last I recalled it wasn't even in the law."

"Hey!"

"Burn!" I stuck my tongue out at him and moved away from his embrace before I stood up across him triumphantly.

Was it just me or did it get colder here? I shivered slightly, I hope he didn't notice.

Regaining my composure, I teased him again.

"You just got burned!" I tease him wearing my made-up cute face, widening my eyes bigger than usual.

I sing-songed that as I skipped outside of his room, Sean stood up when I did but stopped himself from further following me to my room.

I swear before I slammed the door shut I saw Sean turn around and run a hand through his hair tugging it up.

That only meant one thing, he was frustrated about something.

That night I couldn't fall asleep so I just laid on my side of the bed facing the black curtains. The dim light of the moon shined outside as I continued to be lost in thought.

Things like was Sean mad at me? Or was I the reason he felt frustrated? Ran through my mind, that is when my phone suddenly rang.

It was already one am last I recalled so why was someone calling me at this hour?

Sean's name flashed against the screen and I was confused. He was in his room, right? I shrugged, maybe he just needed something.

But at this time?

I pressed the answer button and placed the phone next to my ear.

"Elise." Sean slurred as I heard the faint sound of pumping music in the background.

Oh crap, this is not good.

Sean was somewhere, drunk.