18: Mason Who?

Sean and I were on good terms just as always. Nothing much changed and I thought for a while that nothing bad would happen. That's where I was all wrong.

"What would you and your friends want for lunch?" Claire asks with her back to me, frying the eggs for breakfast.

"Any will do." I say simply. Caitlin and Emma would be visiting today.

Caitlin was ecstatic to visit Sean's house. I mean if you were a nobody in school, not that Caitlin's a nobody, and you would have the privilege to see the home of the most popular guy in school who wouldn't grab that opportunity?

"I know the perfect recipe." Claire turns her head and glances at me with a smile.

"Oh I never doubt your cooking." And I never did. Aunt Claire makes the best cookies which are to die for. I would probably make a special order for later.

"Good morning angel." Sean wraps his arms around me from behind and kisses my neck lightly.

"Morning." I chirped.

"Grab a room you two." Claire playfully scolds.

Sean chucked from behind. Claire tolerated Sean sleeping around saying it was in the genes, just that he be careful. I didn't comment about that and I diverted the topic when it popped up.

"This already is a room." Sean says flirtingly.

"Not in front of the food." Claire scowls Sean's way and places the newly fried eggs on the plate.

The sight was mouthwatering and I'm really craving eggs now that I could almost taste it in my mouth.

"I'm hungry." I whined while I wriggled free out of Sean's arms but he wouldn't budge.

"Release the girl, queen's orders." Claire says in a mock British accent as she settles the plate on the kitchen island which was right across me by the way. Tempting to be ate.

Sean finally released me with a short laugh when I hastily plopped down on the stool and devoured my eggs like a monster.

"Someone's hungry." Sean sits beside me and leans on his elbows to look at me, more like stare.

"You better not have gotten her pregnant." Claire crosses her arms on her chest and leans her hips on the other side of the counter across us.

"I wouldn't." Sean gasps in horror and I laugh at his failed attempt. He's not good in acting, I'll give him that.

"Just eat." I hit his arm before placing a spoonful of eggs in my mouth.

"Oh I'd rather eat something else." Sean wriggles his eyebrows and I wince.

I make choking noises and Sean laughs. "I'm eating here." I reminded him with a scowl.

"I'll leave you guys to it." Claire raises her hands up in surrender and exits the kitchen in a rush.

"So we won't be having any alone time today then." Sean's voice sounds disappointed but his face shows otherwise.

"I guess..."

Sean nods his head looking down with a frown.

"Tonight." I continued.

"Really?" Sean snaps his head up in surprise.

"Mmmhmmm" I smile.

"When will your friends come?"

"You say it like you don't know them." I say tilting my head to the side thoughtfully.