The Lion King 5- Chapter 5

Kuokolewa grew too quickly, into a playful dusty golden cub. Simba knew the prides, or which there were now 11, must start moving. One morning, before the sun rose, he called for all lions to awaken for a meeting. He assigned five huntresses and five healers to remain at pride rock, along with Sarafina and Sarabi, as they were elderly. "I am proud to announce that during my absence, My daughter Kiara and her worthy mate Kovu will lead the pride." He smiled. Kiara and Kovu raised their heads proudly. "They have shown great parenting in saving my daughter, and so, with great honour, I grant you my permission to have cubs." Came a female voice from the back of the cave, and Nala came forth with Kuokolewa at her paws. "Nala?!" Responded Simba, shocked. "They are ready, Simba." She told Simba firmly. Simba dipped his head "So be it."

The prides left off, Kiara and Kovu watching them stalk through the eastern part of their pridelands. "Queen Kiara!" Called a lioness- Vitani, stepping forwards and bowing a little. She'd stayed as a huntress. "Sarabi is missing. I think it's a joke, because Sarafina is in tears with laughter and Kuokolewa is calling for her, but I'm checking with you." She sniffed. For two elderly Lionesses, Sarabi and Sarafina were the queens of pranks and mischief. "Ah, check the hay in the cave." Sighed Kiara. Vitani returned a few minutes later, search was a success. "Good job, Detective Queen Kiara" Chuckled Kovu.

That night, after all 12 lionesses and a cub had fallen asleep, Kovu and Kiara snuck off into the night. They returned to the place that they had met after Kovu's exile, no longer covered in dust but instead flowers. Kovu picked a beautiful purple one and placed it behind Kiara's ear. She smiled, and nuzzled him. "Let's have a cub, Kiara." Whispered Kovu, tackling her to the ground. "Why would you want a cub?" She whispered in reply. But she didn't mean it, the thing they both wanted more than anything was a baby, and so they would have one.