14

Please read the end of the chapter if are confused.

Will

I woke up at 7 am, remembered that that night was the snowball. I looked over at my closet where my suit hung, a black suit that looked crisp and a navy blue tie to go with it.
I got on with my morning routine and walked to school where I found my clan stood round the back, smoking.

"Who you going to the snowball with?" I heard Max ask Dustin.

It turned out that Lucas and Max asked each other and were dating and were going to the snowball together.

"Well, nobody." Dustin shrugged.

I slowly walked up to them and stood next to Lucas as he offered me a cigarette. "Who are you going with Will?"

I shrugged and turned away to smoke. I heard my clan mumbling under their breath but I ignored it.

As I walked into the cafeteria with Max, I noticed in the corner of my eye the gym set up for the snowball. I wasn't excited because I didn't have a date but I was being forced to go. I rolled my eyes at the cliché and made my way to my clans' table.
Two tables down, I saw Eddie and Jane chatting away, they both looked happy, I wish I was like them. Happy.

"Hey, you okay Will?" Lucas asked concerned, I nodded and started to drink my water, not listening to what the others were saying.

It was silent until Max decided to shout something unnecessary thing out. "I'm doing a party tomorrow and everyone is invited!" Max announced at the top of her voices, the whole lunch area erupted into shouts and cheers causing me to leave. I just wanted to be alone.
Last night was a terrible night, I couldn't get to sleep, maybe I was scared to go to the snowball, what if I picked up a chick? A boy? My clan don't know I'm bisexual, and they aren't going to know.

The bell rang loudly, I bid my friend's bye and started the walk home wondering if I was going to meet someone there, someone I will love forever. I got in to find Jonathan sat on the couch with a random girl, I smiled at them both and made my way to my bedroom, flopping onto the bed distressed.

I was contemplating on going actually but I know my mom and Jonathan will make me go, well Jonathan has to anyway so I will have to. I rolled my eyes, closing them for a few minutes which then turned into hours until my brother woke me up. It was 6 pm now and I was meant to be meeting my friends at half-past.
I quickly rushed to get the suit on and my shoes, brushing my teeth and making my hair at least - somewhat decent.
Eventually, I made it in time. Outside I saw my friends, Max in a beautiful red dress, complimenting her flaming ginger hair. Dustin in a blue suit and Lucas in a black suit like me.

"So he arrives." Lucas laughs, I smiled at him and was lead into the gym. It was already crowded to say it had started less than an hour ago. The banner that hung in the middle of the room read 'Snowball '18', there was blue ribbon hung around it, the chairs pushed back and a long table filled with food and punch.
I watched as Dustin ran to the food, especially the chocolate pudding. Max and Lucas had gone somewhere else, leaving me behind again.
I left to get some punch and sit at a table, song after song came on until it was around half past 8. I hadn't seen any sign of the others and me sitting by myself was boring, when suddenly, the doors to the gym opened revealing someone who was oddly familiar.
He had brown almost black hair, he was wearing a brown jacket and black pants and a red shirt underneath. He was stunning. The boy saw me, I stood up and started to walk towards him as he did me. The more I got closer, the more I knew him.
It was him. Mike Wheeler.

"Mike" I slowly said, my hand coming to rest on his cheek which he melted into. Mike smiled wide as he nodded.

"Hi William." he giggled. I was baffled, but Mike had died years ago when we were 10... What's happening? Mike stuck out a hand as I took it carefully, eyes still big. He leads me to the dance floor that was now cleared for us.
"Dance with me" he demanded softly. I nodded, my mouth still open.
He took me to the dance floor and held onto my waist, my hands wrapped around his neck, we were so close that our noses touched. A beautiful, slow song came on which we then danced to.

"But how?" I looked at him, Mike was confused for a second then realised what I meant. He shook his head and grinned.

"I was always here Will, there" he pointed to my heart. "You look beautiful" he swept some of my hair out of my eyes. I couldn't comprehend, my eyes started to water as I embraced him, my head resting on his shoulder.

"I've missed you, Mike," I whispered as I sniffed up, wiping a tear from my eye. "This is what I've always imagined Mike. Like this, at the snowball, since we were 10." I cried softly, his thumb gently wiping my tears away. He gazed at me with those mesmerising eyes and placed his lips on mine, it was passionate and I was loving every single second of it, just a mixture of my tears and mikes lip balm he used to wear.
As we deepened the kiss, Mike seemed to get further away from me, I opened my eyes to see him fading. He was smiling at me as his form started to fade.

"I love you, William. Goodbye," he smiled and did his little wave until he was completely gone. Tears sprung out my eyes as I stared around the room, holding out for him. When I realised he was gone forever, I dropped to the floor with a loud cry.
I looked up to the snowball and all I saw was the snowball banner waving and twirling and soon everything went black.

My eyes flew open, I was still holding the flowers as I traced the letters of 'Michael Wheeler' on the gravestone. I picked up the picture of me and him when we were 10, the last night I saw him. A single tear dropped onto the soil floor. I placed his favourite flowers down and stood up, right behind me, I felt the presence of him as he whispered 'Still here William' in my ear and with that, I walked away back home ready for a new day of school and to move on.

Base everything was a dream, Mike died when he was 10 and him and Will was the best of friends, Will was in love with Mike but never got to tell him, so Will went to his grave and imagined everything, he imagined what would happen if Mike was alive now.