Beauty and Thug

Eight years later

Eight years later

" Ghen sweetie come on, your cab will be here soon" My Aunt Ella says as she comes in my room and start coughing very badly. " Auntie you need to rest okay, the doctor said stay off your feet." I grabbed her arm to help her sit her down on my bed and finished packing. Two years ago my mom had been diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast cancer and passed away. The doctors wanted to remove both her breasts and start her on chemotherapy but, she refused, she said if god calls her home then it's her time, she went home a year after that. Now it has gotten to my aunt, but she caught her early and did chemo pills, now she has been doing good so far . She doesn't show it but i know she hurting.

" I know, but i wanted to see you off." She stated.

" I don't understand why i gotta go down there" I say quietly as i zipped my suit case up grabbing it and my duffle bag. " Look I don't like it either, but your mom stated in the will that you will live with your father during your senior year, plus your gonna finally meet your brother, is that exciting?" She stated. " I'm sure he doesn't want his family to live under the same roof with an abomination ." i stated. "Ghenesis look at me......Kween look at me." She states Gently calling me by the nickname she gave me. I sighed and look into her glassly tired eyes as she grabs my hand interlocking our fingers together. "Forgive but never forget.....not for him, but for you....you won't grow if you hold on." She said as a tear falls from her face.

I hate seeing my Aunt cry. I had to live 8 years with my mom sad cries....i didn't want to be the reason for hers. I gave her a big hug trying not cry myself. " I promise I'll try." I stated. I mean that the least i can do. She rubbed my back kissing me on my forehead. Suddenly A loud honk was heard from outside letting me know it was the cab. I grab my stuff and headed to the door.

" I promise to be back for Christmas." I stated. Aunt Ellie had blew a kiss to me as i returned it back to her. I open the door and walked out to see the cab driver waiting for me. I handed my bags to him and got in the car. " This is gonna be a long year. " I groaned. The driver got in to the car and looked back at me. " Where to miss?" He asked. " Dale rogers airport please." I stated. He nodded his head and started the car. Good bye Washington, D.C....hello Atlanta, Ga......i guess.

Meanwhile

Atlanta State Penitentiary

"Hawkins, on your feet

"Hawkins, on your feet."One of the guards stated. After two years, i was finally getting out. I stood up as the gate from my cell had slid open. I put my hands out for them to put the cuffs on me. Once they did, i walked out with them falling behind me. " I swear of i was the judge, i would have Sentenced this piece of shit to life." The Guard whispered. I clenched my jaw and continued to walk. As much as i wanted to break this nigga face in, i couldn't knowing that i would be charged and end up stuck in this hell.

We got to the changing room where they gave me a white T-Shirt,Jeans and some plain black vans. They handed me a clear bag with all my belongings in there along with information on where i was suppose to go after this. " I don't want to see you back here Zeus, you take care of yourself ok, your father outside ." Mr. Derrick said.

He was only guard i respected in He was only one who treated me like a human being while everybody else treated me like a monster. I nodded my head and when walked out the building. A relief came over me when walking out the door. I was now a free man. I took a deep breath as I slowly to the black SUV that was in of the prison. Security guard got out to open the back door.

The smell of the Apple wood cigar flow through my nose as I got in the car. I have grown to hate that smell since it was only brand he would smoke.

" I see some solitary confinement has done you some good." He asked his cigar as he looked up and down. " Hopefully you learn a lesson when it comes to fucking up, cause like I said ..... failing equal punishment." He stated.

I sat there as the car started to move. I listened to him rap that tired ass lecture that he had been giving me since grade school.lm at this point it goes in one ear and out the other.

"Once we get home, back to regular schedule for you and your boys. Same cut percentage as always. You are going to go school since it is one of the mandatory rules in order for you to stay free."

I steadied my breathing as I felt my self get piss the more he talked. I imagine grabbing by his neck and shoving the cigar down his throat then taking a wine glasse stabbing him with it

"Oh yeah, we will be having a new addition to the family....well old per se, your brother will be coming to live with us....I guess it time you two get acquainted." He says dryly as he took out his phone getting on it.

Great....a good day to meet dear ole half brother.