Chapter Five

Five Years later/August 24th - a day before Haneul starts school

I know I've been doing a lot of subtle time skips but hopefully this one will be the last for a while

I don't think I ever told you Haneul's birthday 🤔

He was born September 6th (a week before Taehyung started his 5th year of college)

Also Taehyung hasn't started his career yet, he's in his last year of residency

---

Taehyung held a SpongeBob towel out as Haneul stepped out of the bathtub. He quickly wrapped the towel around the four year old so he wouldn't catch a cold and rushed him into his bedroom. They were still living in the apartment Taehyung's parents got for him but as soon as Taehyung starts working he was going to save up and move into a house, right now he just had to finish this last year of internships.

He glad he didn't have to pay for daycare anymore, the prices there are outrageous. He was able to convince a close elementary school to let Haneul go to kindergarten even though he doesn't meet the age requirement (5-6) since his birthday was only a week after school started for kindergarten. When he managed to enroll Haneul, he had to do last minute school shopping and promised himself he buy more of the things he needed while Haneul is at school tomorrow.

"Are you excited?" Taehyung asked as he helped his son put his shirt on, "are you ready to go to school?"

Haneul nodded and yawned, "kindergarten, right? I don't have to go to daycare anymore?"

"Nope, you're a big boy now." Taehyung made him stand up, "you want me to tie these?" He held out the strings on Haneul's sweatpants but he just shook his head and crawled into bed.

Taehyung moved his bangs out of his eyes and kissed his forehead, "can we a skip a book tonight? Mommy's very tired tonight."

He refers to himself as 'mommy' since Haneul started calling him that rather than 'daddy'. Taehyung was never offended that Haneul didn't call him by his proper pronoun and just found it cute. It kind of made sense too, Taehyung played both the mother figure roll and the father figure roll in Haneul's life but he came off as more of a 'mommy' than a 'daddy' to the toddler.

Haneul pouted but nodded, "can I sleep with you tonight then?"

Taehyung nodded before picking his four year old up and carrying him to his room. He dropped Haneul on his bed receiving a squeal from the four year old as he crawled to the top of the bed. Taehyung fell on his side of his bed before rolling over and grabbing Haneul's sides. His son squealed again and tried to push Taehyung's hands away.

"Mommy no—no tickles!" Haneul said while slapping Taehyung's fingers away from his side. Taehyung let out a deep chuckle before sitting up and reaching over to his bedside table and turning his lamp off.

Haneul cuddled up to his 'mommy's' chest and Taehyung wrapped his arms around his son's little body before placing a kiss on Haneul's exposed forehead.

____ ____ ____ ____

Taehyung got up at 6am and started making Haneul his special breakfast since he was starting the first day of kindergarten. He pulled out all the stuff to make pancakes.

Once the pancakes were done, Taehyung started frying bacon. He stacked two pancakes on a plate for Haneul before adding whip cream in the center and putting two strawberries on top of the cream. He squirted strawberry syrup on his and Haneul's pancakes and then added two strawberries to his. After the bacon finished he added that to the plates before pouring two glasses of orange juice and sitting them on the table.