Chapter Seventy-One

1 week later~

It's March 2022 btw

---

"Can i feed one?" Haneul asked, walking up to Jungkook and barely poking his side. Though it's already been a week since Haneul has been home, he still hasn't acted the same not that Taehyung and Jungkook thought that he would. They knew it would take some time for the eight year old to adjust and even though they both wanted to know what exactly happened they knew it was best to just leave it in the past. Haneul was home and that's all that mattered, now they just had to worry about recovering their once smart-alec, sassy and bossy son and finding their daughter.

"I'd very much appreciate that," Jungkook said. It was Saturday and Taehyung had to work and all three babies decided that they wanted to attack Jungkook by waking up at the same time and started screaming. He had Hyunseok in one arm and Hyunmi in the other while Hyunwoo lied in his bouncer with his hands balled up tightly while screaming his lungs out.

Jungkook handed Haneul the bottle to which Hyunseok started crying after noticing that the bottle wasn't going to him. Haneul walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. He picked the two month old up, being careful to not let his head fall back as Taehyung taught him. He kept making kissy faces at Hyunwoo as the two month old greedily drank his milk.

Jungkook walked back into the living room and sat down with both babies. He lied Hyunseok down in his bouncer and propped his bottle up with a blanket before adjusting Hyunmi and pushing the bottle in the two month old's mouth.

Everything was silent, Jungkook busy adjusting Hyunseok's bottle so the milk wouldn't spill since he was a sloppy eater. Haneul had fallen into deep thought and was staring blankly at the table. He wonderred what happened to Chanwoo — well Jungwoo — who he assumed was six but was actually seven. If he went home and was with his parents. Haneul knew the boys in that room had died and it shocked him to say the least. He remembered seeing the boy who had called him slave sitting beside a younger boy. His eyes were wide with fear as the orderlies brought in more and more boys. He remembered seeing the younger boys, the four, five and six year olds being lead into the room and he thought that the orderlies were going to let them go because they were seriously only toddlers if you thought about it. But they didn't let them go.

"I h-had a friend," Haneul said, "his name was Jungwoo a-and he was s-seven. He always slept with m-me because he was t-to scared to s-sl-sleep by himself. I let him because he reminded me of A-Ahreum even though he was seven...he got t-taken away the day Jae appeared in my Living Skills class and he never c-came back. Do you think he d-died?"

Jungkook was shocked. Haneul never talked about his time at the facility, he never even mentioned names from the facility. He honestly didn't know how to answer Haneul's question. He knew Haneul was aware of all the deaths but did he really think his friend was still alive? Would he break it to him and say he wasn't or should he just lie and say he is?

"Nevermind," Haneul said, "i think he was k-killed when he was taken."

"Where was he taken to?"

Haneul just shrugged and moved the bottle away from Hyunwoo's mouth, "he's finished."

Jungkook nodded and lied Hyunmi on the couch. He took Hyunwoo out of Haneul's arms and told him that he could do whatever he wanted.

"Can we watch a movie when they're done?" Haneul asked him as he subconsciously poked his sister's tummy.

"Of course," Jungkook replied as he patted Hyunwoo's back, "but first I have to burp them."

"I can help," Haneul offered.