Chapter Twenty-Nine

Taehyung snapped his head in the direction of the door as it opened, revealing something that made his blood run cold and his heart stop.

Taehyung could hear his blood rushing in his ears as his eyes widened at the sight of his baby's tear-stricken face. On the side of his face right underneath his eye was a darkening circle where a bruise was forming. His hair was dishevelled and he had his hand wrapped tightly around his arm but Taehyung could see yet another dark mark forming there as well.

"You hit my son?" Taehyung asked his voice deadly calm. He felt his hands shaking as he gently took his baby in his arms.

"I told him to be quiet but he wouldn't listen," Takuya answered simply, "he needs more discipline."

"Discipline my fucking ass," Taehyung snapped, "i don't care what you do to me but don't ever lay your hands on him."

Takuya scoffed and walked towards the two. Haneul moved around the blonde's leg as Takuya grabbed Taehyung's arm and started walking towards the stairs.

Taehyung had to choose between comforting his frightened five year old or using his anger and newfound strength (thanks to his adrenaline pumping) and give Takuya what he deserved. He obviously chose to comfort Haneul, the boy was already scared enough. So when Takuya locked them in a room (being sure to tell them that if any window was to open that an alarm would go off) Taehyung immediately pulled Haneul onto his lap.

Haneul bursted into tears and hid his face in the crook of Taehyung's neck. The blonde rubbed circles on Haneul's back and rocked him back and forth.

"W-why did y-y-you l-let him c-co-come and get m-me?" Haneul stammered as warm tears soaked Taehyung's shirt.

Taehyung felt a pang in his chest. This was his fault if he just ignored Takuya's words and took in whatever beating he'd receive for not telling Jungkook to bring Haneul home then this wouldn't have happened. This was Taehyung's fault, all of it. If he hadn't jumped in a relationship so fast and ignored all the times Takuya acted weird or possessive then they wouldn't be in this situation. He put his own wants in front of everything else and look where that landed them.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung said, burying his face in Haneul's soft hair, "i'm so sorry."

____ ____ ____ ____

+ two weeks later +

Jaesung's eyes teared up after realizing Haneul still hadn't came to school. He's felt so lonely and insecure without the slightly younger boy and now he's beginning to think that Haneul stopped going to the school. Had Haneul abandoned him? Why? Was he not a good friend? Well sure, that was obvious, Jaesung was not a good friend. He wasn't nice nor did he share. Taeyu was a better friend than him.

But still...

Jaesung had no other friends except for Haneul. Nobody else liked him and he felt that they considered him weird. He didn't mean to come off as rude, he liked to be mean to people before they had a chance to be mean to him. The tougher you seem, fewer people will pick on you.

Haneul was the only person that actually seemed to like him. That's why he hated when Haneul talked to other people, especially Taeyu. He felt that one-day Haneul will stop being his friend and go off with Taeyu, Eleven or Chanhyun.

Now Haneul wasn't going to Jaesung's school anymore.

Now Jaesung was alone again just like the he was in preschool or when Yoongi took him to the park or during the first week of school. He envied how easily other kids talked to other kids. He hated how they seemed to ignore him when they went outside, the only time they ever talked to him was when they wanted to play on the jungle gym and tried to make him move.